“Best ice cream in Milan by far”

La Gelateria della Musica
Ranked #7 of 462 Dessert in Milan
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Milano
“Best ice cream in Milan by far”
Reviewed 6 November 2011

If you love ice cream don't miss it. It has the best choice of fresh fruit ice cream, an amazing selection of chocolate flavours and, in my opinion, the best pistachio ice cream ever. They also have a home delivery service after 7 pm for 2 euros.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank A A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Ice-cream Heaven”
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I went to this marvelous cafe during my trip to Milan with my partner. I'm an ice-cream addict and tried a lot of ice-cream during my life, but that experience cannot even be compared with the ice-cream I tried in La Gelateria della Musica!

First of all, there a lot of different flavours of ice-cream there (pistachio is my favourite one and they have three different types of it!) I tried them all and still cannot say which one is better! Moreover, before you buy the ice-cream you can try all of the flavours to choose several you like most.

Secondly, the prices are low in comparison to the portion you get. You pay 3 euros for 3 flavours and you get a huge amount of ice-cream. Unbelievable!

Staff is very pleasant and nice, everybody smiles in that ice-cream heaven. During our 2-days stay in Milan, we went to that cafe 3 times, there always were a lot of people, but nevertheless we got our ice-creams very quickly.

It was the best ice-cream I've ever tried. I'm in love with it. By the way, my partner who was not that keen on ice-cream, said that it was also the best ice-cream he ever tried.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Annette1987
Milan, Italy
“The single best thing about Milano”
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My favorite place in Milan. Gelateria Musica is a family business and local legend. I've lived in Italy for a year during which time I've travelled around and eaten a lot of gelato. Gelateria musica is the best we have had by far. We go at least twice a week.

The ice cream is unbelievable. We especially enjoy the fruit flavors. The chef never fails to translate the texture of the fuit beautifully into the ice cream. The Fragola (strawberry) is to die for.

In summer they are open till late (12pm?) and you will regularly see crowds outside lapping up gelato till well past 10pm.

Servings are generous. A "cono medio" costs 3 euros and you can have up to 3 flavors and its a lot of ice cream.

They keep 3 variations of pistachio and 3 variations of chocolate at all time. The other flavors vary week on week although there are several tried and tested fixtures, mostly of the chef's own creation. Some are unusual, all are incredible. Ask for a test taste if you are unsure.

For a first time visit I would recommend dark chocolate (fondente), strawberry (fragola) and pistachio..

The gelateria gets its name from the fact that the owner is a music enthusiast. All the flavors are named after famous musicians.

Its a bit out of the way, but the number 2 tram will take you right there, jump off at the Via Pestalozzi stop. Without doubt its worth whatever mission you need to make to get there. Grab a gelato and take a walk along the nearby Navigli (canal).

If you prefer not to live the rest of your life comparing every subsequent ice cream to this, then you should probably stay blissfully ignorant. Otherwise, enjoy!!

• Visited June 2011