“Located near central train station ”
Review of Hilton Milan

Hilton Milan
Ranked #73 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This location is only minutes away from the Milan central train station. This worked for us as we arrived from Varenna by train and after our stay in Milan we are traveling to Venice by train. It is about a forty minute walk to the Duomo.
The breakfast at the Hilton is quite good and the staff is very helpful with restaurant recommendations and travel itineraries. Also the rooms are good size and very clean. The problem I have is with their wifi. It is spotty at best and we could not get a good connection in our room without going to the lobby and signing in first.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
HiltonMilan, General Manager at Hilton Milan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your positive review on Tripadvisor.
I'm happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Milan.
I am really sorry and sincerely apologize for the incidents you mention in your comment, we will take in consideration your comments as this is a good opportunity for us to improve and become better every day.
However, I'm also glad that you enjoyed our services and facilities like our breakfast, central hotel location and the helpfulness of the Hilton staff for which we pride ourselves and I'm looking forward to welcoming you soon again.
Nassos Papazoglou

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

This Hilton hotel which is situated not far from the main railway station in Milan is well located if you are using the high-speed train system or Metro around the city. There is also a taxi rank directly outside the hotel to grab a cab to wherever you are going in the city. Otherwise, the surroundings are inspiring and not much to write home about. Hotel is pretty standard Hilton Fabre, rather soulless and businesslike with a bar in the lobby area and the restaurant where breakfast is served. One of my criticisms would be that there were not enough staff on the reception desk when I checked in at around 5 PM on a weekday evening. The following morning, when I went to check out, the lobby was full of at least 20 cabin crew it will taking priority over other customers. I understand that they may have quite literally had to catch a plane, but Hilton should be providing more staff to deal with their own customers and not just airline staff.
One of my criticisms would be that there were not enough staff on the reception desk when I checked in at around 5 PM on a weekday evening. The following morning, when I went to check out, the lobby was full of at least 20 cabin crew it will taking priority over other customers. I understand that they may have quite literally had to catch a plane, but Hilton should be providing more stuff to deal with their own customers and not just airline staff.

Breakfast is okay, with an international offering. You can however find a more authentic Italian option just a few streets away at a local bakery. That will also only cost you around three euros as opposed to probably €15-€20 in the hotel.

Yes I would stay here again for business purely because of the location and nothing else. The room was okay, the bathroom could definitely do with an upgrade as it felt tired and I have no idea why Hilton give you the smallest possible to of shower gel and shampoo which for an adult man lasts for about half minutes in the shower!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.
We are very happy to hear you had a good stay at the hotel.
However, I am really sorry and sincerely apologize for the incidents you mention in your comment. This is definitely not the kind of service we are willing to our guests.
Although you express some disappointment, we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future so that we can demonstrate the high level of service we are renowned for.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We, a family of three, stayed at the hotel for just one night and left quite early the next morning to catch a train. Hotels close to the train station were all priced very high and I got a good price for the Hilton from a travel site.
The location was very good, just a few minutes walk from the station on a main street. Check-in was smooth. The room was spacious and very comfortable, with all modern amenities in good shape.
We had an early morning train to catch the next day. Breakfast was ready by 6:30am. It was an excellent spread with separate counters for Arabic and Asian food. We had to grab a quick bite and head out.
It was a very short stay, but we had a very good impression of the hotel. Efficient and comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,
Thanks for sharing your positive review on Tripadvisor. I'm happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at Hilton Milan.
I'm pleased that you appreciated the helpfulness of the Hilton staff for which we pride ourselves. I'm also glad that you enjoyed our services and facilities like our breakfast and I'm looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

As usual when I visit Milan always stay at Hilton Milan , great location , very friendly staff , clean room , comfortable bed , the main train station just step away , the parking cost 23€ per night ..

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank adel a

Dear Guest,
I'm pleased that you appreciated our location, close to train station, our room and the helpfulness of the Hilton staff for which we pride ourselves.
I'm looking forward to welcoming you soon again.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Having been to Milan previously, we decided to use the city as our staring point and a transit point for the rest of our trip. As such, we decided to stay at the Hilton, as it is within walking distance to the central train station.

As Hilton Gold members, we were upgraded to a nice room, and had access to the lounge club... and our choice of breakfast at the lounge or in the main dining room.

The hotel is decorated nicely and the staff was friendly and attentive. After checking in, we settled into our room for a few minutes before heading to the lounge.

The room itself was nice and spacious, and had a few different seating options. The toiletries are standard Hilton brand (Peter Thomas Roth), and the room had a kettle and tea bags... which was great.

We also really enjoyed having a balcony.

The lounge is not huge, but there was plenty of seating and an array of snacks throughout the day. It also offered soft drinks, water and a coffee and tea machine.

They also provided wine and beer at certain hours.

We opted for breakfast in the main dining room, which was a great choice. Unfortunately my wife wasn't feeling well... and while I was having something to eat, I ended up having a conversation with Stefano (the manager). Without even asking, he sent up a whole tray of breakfast to the room (as part of our complimentary breakfast). This was an amazing gesture and truly unexpected.

Hotel pricing was also very reasonable. If we are in Milan again, I would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: upgrade to a club level room