See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the prices are a lie. They automatically charge 2.50 for linens (not clear why) and add city tax for 3.50 per person per night, therefore it's around €14 euros, and there are far better options for that price. We arrived and were greeted nicely enough, booked a 14 bed mixed dorm and ended up in a 21 bed mixed dorm, which included 3 double beds with couples in! As well as old men including one clearly over 70! As 3 young girls, it did not make us feel comfortable at all. The dorm was the attic room with no air con and 35 degrees inside the room at night (I checked). Sticking 3 fans on the wall is not good enough. In the morning 4 men waltzed in and removed the bedroom door with no explanation. No room keys no safety any person can come in the hostel whenever they want, and the area itself is just terrible. Worse hostel of my life and I have stayed in many. Avoid unless you want to ruin your trip, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

So we booked for 5 people as we arrived in Milan and turned up to the hostel maybe 3 hours later. we had only booked that evening so when we arrived they hadn't quite sorted out the rooms yet HOWEVER the staff are lovely and quickly sorted out the rooms. We had only booked for a 14 bed mixed room so weren't expecting much but Mino who works at the hostel very kindly upgraded us to a private 7 bed room!! I know that this may have been an easier option but still extremely kind of him to do us a solid. So yeah, I say ignore the bad reviews. Everyone working here is so chill, beds are comfy and the showers are powerful. So yeah, I personally think it is so worth the money, even if we were in the mixed bed rooms.

Cheers!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

It's not hilton. It's good if you want to sleep and whole day spend idle about the street. Helpful and friendly staff. For sure not good for familly with small children. Quite good location (few minutes walk to metro).

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2017

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed at. It is very difficult, it is dirty, there is nothing to do at all and the staff is aggressive and they don't care about you. To begin with, they charge for the sheets separately to save money from paying the hosteworld commission.
Apart from the touristic fee that is charged throughout Italy. What should be 11 euros cost 18 euros. I kindly asked the receptionist to withdraw the extra sheet service since I had my own and he was arrogant and rudely said it was mandatory for me to use this service.
Then they lodged me in a room with 16 bunk beds instead of 12, where all the beds were glued together like one, and the ceiling of the room was too low almost suffocating
. The staff did not introduce me to the hostel and I did not know what to do in no time.
The kitchen was terrible, it only has a microwave. There is a vending machine for drinks where the machine disappeared with my coin and when I complained to the staff he did not give me back the money and with the face of iingrato gave me a miserable glass of water that was open in the sink. There is no locker in the rooms. They even charge to keep the bags after the check-out but there is no enough space in the closet to put the bags, so they keep anywhere. The receptionist at night is never there, so you need to wait for 1 hour if you need something from him. Finally, I was all bitten by fleas or some insect that was in the sheet and had an allergic reaction. Please stay away from this hell.,

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank VitorDeConto
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

The title really speaks for itself here. My trip to Milan was a very impulsive, last-minute decision. Hence, finding a good hostel was unlikely. We only booked this hostel because it was cheap, and it seemed 'close' to the centre.

In terms of location, it is not really that 'close' to the centre of Milan. Luckily, my friend and I walk everywhere, so for us, it was not a huge deal. It was around a 20 minute walk to get to the centre. However, I can see how this would annoy other guests. Moreover, the hostel itself isn't in the best area of Milan. No, it's not a dangerous area, however, you can tell that it's not the most wealthy, not the cleanest. At no point did either I or my friend feel as if we were in danger. It is also quite difficult to find at first, but it is safe in the sense you seem to ring 2 bells for 2 separate doors to get in.

In terms of hostel quality, it is quite disappointing for European standards. When we first walked in, our first thought was 'Wow, this is dirty.' The hostel is very run down, and has not been renovated in years. The lockers still require lock and key, and are very small. I don't know about other rooms, but the room my friend and I were I was very cold. We had to ask for a second blanket, as we couldn't sleep because of the cold. And yes, everything was closed, but it was poorly insulted. The bathrooms are very outdated and dirty.

As for price, it was cheap, but it didn' include half as much as other hostels I've stayed in in Europe. You had to pay separately for linens, and you have to bring your own towel.

The reception is very basic. They don't have a safety deposit box at all. We asked the reception to hold onto our passports, and they put it in a wooden drawer.

The hostel has a decent bar, where you can smoke inside. Some nights, they'll cook free pasta.

The people working at the hostel were nice.

It didn't seem like a hostel many people would book in advance. There were more people who were backpacking and stopping here, or people who's flights got delayed or whatnot and needed a place for the night.

I would definitely try to find a better hostel in the future.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends