“super location”
Review of UNA Maison Milano

UNA Maison Milano
Ranked #11 of 428 Hotels in Milan
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband and I had an opera tickets on February 16. We stayed 2 night at the UNA mason hotel. We've been to Milan 5 or 6 times, I never bothered to write a review. However, this hotel deserves one. It is small, clean, renovated, bright and the best part is that it is literally one minute away from the duomo. It is right it the city center. The staff is really friendly and really helpful. They helped us to find very nice restaurants. The rooms are good size, I've seen 2 different ones a junior suit and an executive room. They are not huge, but also not too small. The washroom was quite big. We booked executive room, but, we were upgraded to junior suit. However, I still choose to stay at the executive room, the junior suit was at the top floor, six, and it had very high windows, so you could not see the street ( i did not like that, I prefer any view).
They have no restaurant, but they can serve you breakfast to your room. We had a deal with breakfast so we had to order it. WEll, it ok. If you like fruits and serial and yogurt, you'll be fine. However, if you like omelet and bacon or sausage...... this is not the place. The omelet was ......I would say very bad ( sorry). SO, my advise don't order breakfast there, go around the corner and you will find plenty of small cafes and restaurants! Overall, from now on I will stay at this hotel. Great value, great location and comparing to many other italian hotels, it is clean and renovated.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank svzh
Una_Hotels_Direttore, Direttore at UNA Maison Milano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again in the UNA Hotels world, be well until then

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We have had the most amazing stay at the UNA Maison in Milano! We arrived from South Africa early on Saturday morning to a warm welcome from all the reception staff. We were delighted that our room was ready for an early check in, room 551.

The room was light and spacious, our Wii Fit was setup, the hard pillow we had asked for was on the bed and everthing was perfect.

So apart from the great room our lasting impression is from all the staff. They are fantastic, there were cups of coffee, umbrellas, directions, advice, whatever we needed was enthusiastically attended to.

Location also fantastic, right in the city centre, subway directly to the fair.

What a stay, we would HIGHLY recommend anyone consider staying at Una Maison whenever in Milan.

Christian Bowker

Room Tip: 551 - Whata great room and huge bathroom!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 February 2012

This boutique hotel is right in the city centre and is a great location for shopping and sightseeing (and business). The rooms are modern and well furnished and the double glazing keeps out the street noise, including trams. You are right on top of everything, yet in an island of peace. The staff are terrific - every individual on every shift - good English speakers with excellent recommendations for restaurants, etc. The rooms are not cheap, but the location is matchless. There is no breakfast room, so breakfast is room service only, but the breakfast tray is very generous. Other room service meals are available as well, but with good cheap restaurants just a short walk away you probably won't use the room service facility. There is a tiny lounge and bar by reception. Surprisingly, WiFi is not free - it's actually quite expensive.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter, and the suits are worth paying a little more for. Many rooms have fre...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Graeme F

Reviewed 24 January 2012

great location, friendly staff, the entrance is not grand but size of the rooms are perfect, good emanates in the bathroom (they even have bath salts!), i would defiantly go there for a second time, but two areas of improvement could be 1. the unavailability of irons. 2. no english/ non-italian tv channels available.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Saudi-Bahama-Mama

Dear Guest thank you for sharing your experience about your stay. We are happy to know that you enjoyed our hotel Thanks for your notes you have given us the opportunity to continue to improve our services. We hope your travels will bring you again to Milan and we will be glad to welcoming you again

Reviewed 22 January 2012

I stayed here 3 nights and was very pleased. The room I had was exceptionally quiet due to the fact is looked out onto a void and not the street. This didn't bother me as I was rarely in the room.
The staff were wonderful offering a complimentary drink on check in. I gulped down a water not drawing breath as it was unseasonly warm and I wasn't dressed appropriately. Seeing this the sweet receptionist offered me another. I thought that was very kind of her.

Check in was speedy and I was given maps to the city with a shopping guide - essential for Milan.

The room was a little odd as it was long and thin and not square like most hotel rooms. Once I got my head around that it was acutally quite good. There was a small lounge with 2 chairs and a table, bedroom with large comfy bed and desk, bathroom and also a separate are with basin and vanity. Everything was spotless and the amenites were of good quality and all that you would need.

A word of warning about breakfast - make sure you are hungry. See my photo. I ordered fruit, tea and eggs and received all the rest complimentary!

The hotel is close to everything and the tram goes right pass the door. I found it easy to walk to all the major sights and would stay there again.

Complimentary nuts and candy as you enter the hotel are a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo