“NOT A Pizza Tourist Trap”

Galleria Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #231 of 9,019 Restaurants in Milan
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centro Storico
Reviewed 11 February 2018

The Vittorio Emanuele is stunning and a must visit in Milan. Galleria Restaurant and Pizza was a superb find. (If you are going to La Scala--this won't break your credit card.)
The wine was reasonable and quite good. The Pizza was especially tasty,(buffalo cheese heaven) perfectly done. The cuttlefish risotto was as good as any.. Fantastic service!! What a find!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Great restaurant, nice waiters and fast service. Well priced considering where you are in Milan

Pizzas were freshly made and tasted great, would recommend to anyone

1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I went here since it was close to my Airbnb and I was feeling tired from my day. The food was good, and would suggest to try it if you’re in the Galleria and hungry. I kept it simple and ordered a pizza with a glass of wine. I overheard the staff say it’s extremely busy at lunch but my experience at dinner was very quiet and the service was excellent.

1  Thank Elizabeth H
Reviewed 3 February 2018

I have wanted to visit Vittorio Emanuele ever since I was little. To be able to dine there? Amazing.

That said, I am pretty well traveled with regard to Italy, and am privy to what areas tend to be tourist traps. I read that Galleria restaurant was good -- touristy, somewhat -- but they offered gluten free food for Celiac people.

At first, I honestly was hesitant to go here until I realized it was about the only option that would be open for an early dinner before the opera. If you've been to Italy, you know that it's next to impossible to get dinner before 7 or 8pm. However, La Scala performances start at 8.

We made a reservation and were greeted by the waiter. I speak some Italian and they were very kind in mixing Italian with a little English for me here and there to clarify. They served me gluten free bread and very easily substituted gluten free pasta for me. The food was NOT tourist-trap quality whatsoever. It was fresh, delicious, and authentic Italian food. I mean, really good quality.

The restaurant offered a small starter as a greeting from the kitchen, and also a little sweet before giving us the check. We returned for yet another dinner here before leaving Milan.

**OK, now for the important part. Given the location of this restaurant, I witnessed guests of all color, creed, and ethnicity coming in for dinner. The manager, Giuseppe, and the waiters were kind, polite, and especially helpful to EVERYBODY. Listen, if you have a modicum of awareness, you will realize that traveling in northern Italy can present a little...coldness toward some foreigners, especially if you don't speak Italian and don't know how to do things the Italian way. It's not that people are rude, they just can be standoffish and not particularly helpful. In this restaurant, there were Muslim guests, Russian people, Brazilian families with children, me with food allergies -- just absolutely everybody. Some people with odd requests, deviating from the standard Italian dinner protocol. It didn't matter. These men working here cared for everyone with *true* Italian service: warmth, respect, and a genuine desire to help you to enjoy yourself and their delicious food.

I cannot speak highly enough about this restaurant with its beautiful people and atmosphere. I can't wait to come back someday.

3  Thank Brett H
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Great value pizza between 12-20 Euro. Excellent taste, huge amount of waiting staff too.
No problems here, but 8 Euro for 300ml beer seemed expensive