Grand Hotel Bristol
US$ 139
US$ 132
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 158/night.

US$ 155
US$ 208
  • Pool
US$ 437
US$ 260
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 295/night.

US$ 163
US$ 155
US$ 151
US$ 261
US$ 248
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Locanda(Stresa)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 87
B&B.it
Hotel La Palma(Stresa)
US$ 378
US$ 464
1,116 results
All reviewsindoor poollake viewdining roomisola bellaplenty of sunbedsthe freshly squeezed orange juicelovely hotelshower screentour grouppublic areas arebar pricescable carreception staffscrambled eggsmain coursehotel barminute stroll
Reviewed 5 November 2012

by far the nicest hotel we stayed at during our 10 day tour of italy. Not perfect by northe american standards but a nice change from some of the hotels we stayed at on our Alba Tours through-out Italy

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aaaaaaaaah
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My two friends and I stayed for a week at the end of September, and can't understand the odd poor reviews about the food, as we ate so much! Lovely buffet breakfast and set dinner menu, all with plenty of choice. Service with a smile, and so many lovely desserts that my plate overflowed every evening.
The rooms were beautiful, clean and comfortable, and the picturesque outside of the hotel was heart-lifting to come back to.
Thank you to those who posted about HolidaysBooked.com. This enabled me to call them a few days before our holiday. Dawn gave me all the reassurance I needed about things which had previously been problems now being resolved. She forwarded me the hotel's own confirmation of our reservation, so that I could see we had the appropriate upgrades we had paid for. To her credit rather than 'fob me off', she agreed she couldn't give me full reassurance about the transfer system but sought approval for a refund so that we could book our own taxi. The refund came through within two days. Booking through them meant we had flights, upgrades, and half board all for less than the price of booking the room direct with the hotel. Can't complain at that!
Would love to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank 3HolidayGirls
Reviewed 14 October 2012

From the front desk to the waitresses, porters to bar staff everyone at this hotel was exceptional during our 9 night stay in September this year.
The room was quiet and old fashioned but completely in keeping with the style of the hotel and had a brilliant accessible shower as requested on our booking. Everything was spotlessly clean both within our room and in the public areas. Maids even offered to make up room while we were at dinner on a very wet day when we didn't stray far from the hotel grounds.
Reception was always manned by helpful staff with amazing English and a good knowledge of the local area. Boards in the lobby had details of trains, ferry and cable car times as well as excursion ideas. I have read other guests comments about the wedding receptions and large groups catered for at times, the vast majority were Italian and it only added to the real feel of this hotel. You could almost imagine yourself as one of the guests at a multi-generation Italian family celebration.
The breakfast was ample with everything you could wish for including a great selection of breads and freshly squeezed orange juice. Dinner was a semi set 4 courses affair, most of which was very good. I was particularly impressed when I asked for an alternative main course as I disliked the veggie option and was offered a choice of pastas or omelettes with no fuss made whatsoever.
Pool area great with good accessibility, outside pool pretty freezing but weather wasn't great at the beginning of our stay. Indoor pool really warm and I was often the only swimmer in the evening.
Hotel very well located, easy 5 minute walk to the station, 10-15 minutes along level promenade into town and to ferry terminal. I would highly recommend this hotel, nothing was too much trouble, we never had to wait or ask twice for anything. Perfect for those wanting to stay in a peaceful location with amazing lake views, a good base for exploring the local area knowing a warm and relaxing atmosphere will greet you at the end of the day. The Grand Hotel Bristol will certainly see us returning again in the near future

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Amber W
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I booked a groupon deal which was handled by hotels booked.com. I can't say I was too impressed with their attitude.They don't reply to e-mails and we had to wait ages for confirmation of hotel we were staying in,although we did get the hotel I had requested. Amy was the most helpful member I spoke to.We were asked for an an extra £15 per person for the transfers from the airport, which was Bergamo, at least 2 hours away. Having read horror stories of transfers we hired a car for more or less the price of the transfer. The hotel was fabulous we didn't have a lake view but could have upgraded our standard room for 20 euros per night but as we didn't spend much time in our room we preferred to spend the money on the wine-the house red is fine although they charge you an extra 3euros a bottle for tax?? don't entertain going to the bar drinks are extortionate. The rooms are spotlessly clean and sheets changed every 2 days .Fresh towels and toiletries every day.We had half board breakfast and evening meal a good deal considering the price we paid.The food was good and we had a different menu each day.There is a great view of the lake from the restaurant.The indoor pool is super,clean and a decent size.Unfortunately the weather wasn't brilliant so we never got to use the outdoor pool.The staff we met were helpful,pleasant and reception staff speak good English.All in all we had a fabulous week in the grand hotel Bristol at Stresa on Lake Maggiore.The only downside was our flight home to Manchester left at 10.45am so we had to leave at 6am to ensure we caught the flight home with Ryanair thus loosing a full day.We also lost a day on arrival as we didn't get to the hotel till 8.30pm due to rush hour traffic round Milan!

Room Tip: our room at the rear on the second floor was ok but noisy early in the morning from restaurant staff getting supplies from outdoor storage
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raneved
Reviewed 4 October 2012

The hotel is a large conference hotel so the rooms are decent and the breakfast is fine.
Minor gripes:
- The "half-board" deal that was booked originally turned out to be breakfast and lunch, which is more than a little pointless for anyone leaving the hotel to explore the area.
- The staff aren't great, but remember that you are not their priority customer - conference bookers are. e.g. "when it rained water came through my ceiling" "oh... when it rains that happens in any building". And despite telling them three times when I was checking out they kept arguing this point with me, seeming to doubt that I knew when my flights were and displaying more than a little too much attitude.

However, on balance the hotel was fine, and typical of Italian efficiency.

However, Hotelsbooked.com/holidaysbooked.com was a nightmare. I could write a very long post about just how awful this company is, but many others have done this before. Suffice it to say:
- a simple date change took 10 days and several dozen chasing phone calls. At one point I began proceedings with my credit card company to cancel the transaction as leverage to get them to do anything.
- The holiday documents had errors both times, which I had to ask them to correct.
- They forgot to pay for my hotel room, so I had to again chase this several times on the Friday before our holiday.
- They forgot to book the taxi transfer to the airport, which I had paid for.

In summary, everything that I would have had to do to book the holiday myself, I had to chase them on up to several dozen times. It was the single most stressful and unpleasant experience I have ever had and I will cannot imagine engaging a travel agent again. This is an execrable company.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple