“Sirmione charmer”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Traditional Italian restaurant right on the lakeshore with views - the nicest place we found to have a meal in Sirmione. Good table spacing, quiet and friendly, efficient service. We enjoyed the main of mixed seafood and a mushroom risotto. Not cheap - with a beer, mineral water and a bottle of Nero d'Avola, the bill for two came to €97. But recommended. (Despite having the same name, it's not connected with the adjacent hotel of the same name).

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant several times however on this Occasion it so short on many aspects.
We chose grilled prawns as a starter at four euros each. I have never seen such a small prawn barely an inch long. So four tiny prawns cost €16. They didn’t even come with salad it was pitiful.
My husband ordered steak and he wanted some carbohydrate without so asked for baked, fries or something similar which we had received on previous visits. They said they only did mash potato! Well my husband cannot abide mash and nor can I. The waiter said he would give him extra salad instead of the regulation mash potato came with his steak which she was charged for!
I had fish which was very nice and salad which would not have gone with mash potato.
I also have to agree with all the comments that the waiters all look very miserable and unhappy in their work there is no banter no smiles.
It is very sad because it has a beautiful outlook we’ve taken many friends there in the past but unfortunately we won’t return.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

The location and context is gorgeous, but the food and the general attitude is barely OK. I had veal kidney and my wife had pasta with crunchy eel and my son had simple spaghetti with butter. Astoundingly for us the tastiest thing we ordered was our son’s spaghetti with butter. Staff seemed unaccustomed to having small children in their restaurant, although they weren’t rude I cannot say that we felt well taken care of either

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We stumble upon this restaurant and I'm very glad we did. We enjoyed some delicious sea bass cooked perfectly, in a beautiful lake side setting. It made for a very memorable, long lunch in Sirmione. Service was excellent and very good wine. It was a holiday highlight.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

There is no prettier place to eat in Sirmione. The food varies from good to excellent. We had the crab salad, the mixed grill, the sea bass, and the squid. All good to very good. overlooks the water and a small beach. Reserve a window seat.