“Romantic retreat”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
the entrance
giardino
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Romantic retreat ”
Reviewed 19 July 2018 for a stay in June 2018
people found this review helpful

The secret garden holds many secrets as it’s secluded from the city behind the facade you would never guess such a beautiful apartment exists.

Alessandra took us on a journey not only welcoming us through her home, also gave us lots of pertinent information regarding the city and what’s on. Very much appreciated when you have three days and wish to find the best parts of a city rather than waste time yourselves.

Alessandra has thought of everything you may need to enable you to cook if you wish, we favoured antipasto prior to going out and ate with the locals.
Local supermarket: turn right when leaving outer door, right again and you are there in 5 mins.. A blessing in the heat when you don’t want to walk to far.

The apartment has a petite though perfectly size hard standing, ample space to enjoy a glass or two of wine with loved ones, space to hang out the odd bit of washing and if you’re like me (keen gardener) you can water the plants too. We stayed whilst it was it was exceptionally hot and everything wilted extremely quickly.
I’m sure Alessandra was pleased, I know the plants were!!

We recommend ‘The Secret Garden’ to everyone who loves living amongst the locals, great architectural (on the ceilings), 4 -5 star standard, warm and friendly host, and in the heart of an amazing part of Italy.

Ciao Ciao

Jade1507
“Exquisite”
Reviewed 8 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018
people found this review helpful

I would highly recommend this location for your stay in Lake Como. Alessandra, your host, is very easy to communicate with and leaves you a plethora of information to ensure your stay is worth while.

The apartment is beautifully styled and the beds, sofa and dining suite are all very comfortable. It Is a stones throw from convenience stores, coffee, shopping and restaurants - a wonderful location.

Alessandra - Thank you for your wonderful hospitality during our time in Lake Como. Your apartment was the perfect location to prepare for our wedding. We appreciated the beautiful decor and natural light.

9 Jul 2018
Thank you dear Jade. I hope to host you another time.. Maybe for your wedding anniversary! ;)
alexmetri...
Singapore, Singapore
“Stunning stay in a lovely home”
Reviewed 6 May 2018 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

I realised I never did manage to review Alessandra's Como Secret Garden on Airbnb since the review period expires after 14 days and yet almost one and half years on, I swear my stay at this amazing home is still imprinted in my memory.

What can I say - it's truly a home away from home. The house is massive yet manages to feel cosy and warm because of the tasteful furnishings - Alessandra has clearly put lots of thought into it. My family spent 3 days in Como and at the end of the day, we always looked forward to returning to the Secret Garden simply because it feels as if we are residents of Como going home just after yet another normal day.

Be it the clean and spacious toilet, to the huge kitchen with amenities you never knew you needed, to the wonderful bedrooms with comfortable beds and clean linen, I don't think anybody will leave the place without being completely blown away. Pity we didn't get to use the living area more because Como was such a lovely city that there was so much to eat, do and explore.

If the house was 5/5, Alessandra would be 10/5. Her hospitality is unmatched, her consideration borders on motherly and she's an all around excellent host. Due to last minute problems, my parents had to check in to the house on their own as we couldn't arrive with them. Alessandra got her husband to meet them at the main train station. She interacted at length with my parents, answering whatever queries they had (and boy does my mother have loads of questions - all the time) patiently and even providing some restaurant recommendations (Cucina Elsa I believe, which we went back twice) that were excellent by the way. She also welcomed us with a bottle of wine and some cake. To top it off, she offered to book a taxi for my parents (and cover the fare) as her car wasn't available to give a ride to my parents to the train station. Again, this was because I couldn't be with them when they left and it seems like I'm the real cause of inconveniencing Alessandra.

I regret not being able to give this review earlier, but I can't stress sufficiently to folks considering Alessandra's place - you will not regret it. My family was swept away by her warmth and she definitely made our stay in Como extremely memorable.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
8 May 2018
Dear Alex, thank you so much for your fantastic review. I remember you and your lovely parents. I really hope to host you and your family another time.
Alessandra
Lesley A
LONDON
“Lovely apartment”
Reviewed 2 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Lovely v central but v quiet apartment, owner very helpful & everything you could need for your stay & lots of information provided . Como a wonderful town in itself to visit & the lake is simply stunning

12 Oct 2017
Thank you Lesley, I hope to host you another time!
rebeccajc...
Sydney, Australia
“Absolutely gorgeous!”
Reviewed 30 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Alessandra is a friendly host who welcomed us with breakfast supplies and a bottle of wine. Stunning and spacious apartment with plenty of room for my family of five, it is situated in the very pretty historic district and is a ten minute walk from the ferry terminal. The only downside was the creaky ceiling noises from movement in the apartment above, but this was not enough of an issue to prevent me from recommending this oasis to other travelling families. Loved it!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
30 Jun 2017
thank you so much Rebecca, I hope to host you another time!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing