“Very nice place with friendly personel”
Review of Ostello Villa Olmo

Ostello Villa Olmo
Ranked #23 of 32 Hotels in Como
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Great place to stay surrounded by fabulous landscapes.
Facilities are very clean, and personnel is helpful and friendly.
Only down point to mention, there are no mixed rooms (only separate rooms for boys and girls).

Room Tip: Big dorms, no separate couple rooms
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Ostello Villa Olmo

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Motorbiking through Europe, enjoying life and south Europe for 7 weeks. alas, it was time to start my journey to the north. Being on holidays for 7 weeks meant I was a bit low on cash. Ostello Villa Olmo was the perfect solution to my problem. After 6 hours on the bike I was looking for some good food, a warm bath and a nice bed in a quiet place. I got jut that: a very nice shower, a very nice italian dinner and a very nice bed. do not read the other reviews. I am glad that there is a lockdown at midnight. the last thing I wanted was drunken people returning to the hostel interrupting my sleep. This is going to be my usual stop from now on every year on my return journey to England. oh, and free wi-fi with very good connection. oh, and secure parking for my motorbike. oh, and very polite staff. why on earth have i been paying £££ for hotels? here to a new way of life, hostels.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Stilianos V
Reviewed 23 March 2016

Pros: Great location (15 min walk from the lake), clean with ensuite bathroom, and friendly staff. They have delicious homemade pizzas for 4 euros as well as beer, wine etc. and you can rent a bike for 16 euros for the day which is an excellent price.
Cons: I didn't read the reviews beforehand which was a big mistake, because had I known about the 10-4 lockout, I would have not have stayed here . There is a certain level of morality that goes along with charging customers for a bed, and then controlling when they can and can't use it. I can empathize with running your own hostel and dealing with customers 24/7 (I was once a hostel manager so I completely understand), but I don't think the owners empathize with what it's like to be locked out of a place how difficult and tiring it can be travelling from city to city.I have been to many hostels with curfews and limited wifi times before, but I've never heard of a lockout.. There's also the issue of not having access to your belongings, so if you forget something, you are hooped. I feel bad as the staff was very kind, but if you label yourself as a hostel and target your business to backpackers, you have to expect negative reviews with policies like this. It wasn't a nice feeling having to work around deadlines and curfews when you're an adult on holiday, and I felt like customers who stay longer (hence pay more money) are being punished and treated more as a nuisance than valuable for the amount of money they spend here. With AirBNB becoming more and more popular, I wonder how much longer they can continue a policy like this and bring in enough money. Maybe shut down reception from 10-4, and dish out the money on keys so customers can have the freedom to come and go as they please. I guarantee the amount of money spent on keys will be less than the amount of business they lose with this ridiculous lockout rule. I certainly will never return as long as this policy exists, which is a shame as it's really a great place.

Room Tip: The female room on the top floor is much nicer than the rooms on the bottom floor
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank FlowerGypsy85
Reviewed 30 September 2015 via mobile

I spent just a couple of nights but this place Lake Como worth at least a week, I love the views and
staff for this place is very gentle, rooms are clean and well distributed, it is easy to move for main point since this place. Bathrooms and showers are the cleanest in Italy so thats great.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2015

Weird rules! They turn off the wi fi at midnight and they force you to be inside the room after midnight!!!

I had a terrible experience!!

It was summer time and the room was very hot, there was no fan, no air conditioner. I did a gilrfriend from my room and we went try to find the wifi signal downstairs, we were taking a really soft conversation while trying to find the signal, and the owner came to us and he was realllllyyy rude saying "What you are doing here?!?!? We are supposed to be inside your room after midnight, here is a familiar place!"

They are insane!! We are doing nothing wrong, speaking loud or whatever... they have a hostel in a good place but they are HORRIBLE!!!!

There almost nobody in the hostel and you are obligated to left the hostel at 10 am and come back after 4 pm and if you get there after midnight you will find the gate locked!!

I will not recommend at all!!!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank Juliana C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
3.6 km away
Borgovico Hotel
#1 of 32 in Como
1.5 km away
Best Western Hotel Continental

Been to Ostello Villa Olmo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK