See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed in the Grey room, and found it was perfect for my solo retreat. There was one night where I discovered how thin the walls were, when my neighbours got quite rowdy, but aside from that, I wouldn't have known. Yes, reception is only open at certain times: it's a guest house, so this is understandable. When reception was manned, it was by friendly and helpful staff. My room was plenty big enough, shower had great water pressure and lots of hot water, and easy walking distance from the main waterfront area. The shutters on the window really drown out any outside noise. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed in the "Marilyn" room, it was so lovely. First of all it was clean. The colour of the walls were lila/purple and were decorated with "Marilyn Monroe" figures. The balcony door and curtains were fancy. The bathroom was also nice, bathtub was clean. The staff was so kind. But the most important thing is that the location was great, a few minutes to walk to the lake and the city center.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 September 2015

We stayed in this apart in Como .We were there for five days and it was perfect for to chill out and do your own thing. .We had to call to the main residence to collect keys and at first I thought it was a long distance from the main square and was disappointed but when I got used to the area it was o.k The apart., itself was very clean and comfortable and had a private bathroom.I would go back to this apart again and owner had little English but was quiet nice and helped us with any problems we had.

Room Tip: high floor.
Reviewed 1 September 2015

We spent one night in the seperate building of gira guesthouse and had a big room (room-name "Bellagio") with an own bathroom. The room looked quite new and everything was clean. The furniture consisted mostly of IKEA-stuff, and was for sure not luxury, but functional and there was everything we needed. I was not disturbed by the noise of the street, but I'm also not sensitive for such things and we had the window closed. Though it was not too hot in the room, as there was a air con which also worked :-) We had no balcony but there was a common terasse, which we didn't use. The guy who welcomed me at the reception was friendly and even carried my suitcase upstairs. His english was not so good, but he gave his best and tried even to speak some words of german. And what can I say as I don't speak italian at all.
All in all I can luckily not confirm the bad experiences that some other guests describe. But I have to say, that I found it with 90€ per night (high season) still too expensive for what we got and concerning the fact, that there was no breakfast included.
The location was good, because it was quite close to the center of Como and the lake. However, the surrounding of the hotel was not really nice.
I would not book the hotel again because it was not enough value for money and I read too many bad comments now. Above that, I didn't especially like Como, but this is of course not the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: If you book, take a room in the separate building with own bathroom!
Reviewed 26 August 2015

Quite difficult to find, very out-dated and tired, shower in the room left everything feeling damp. We asked for a double bed but got two singles that had been pushed together and a comforter former laid across the top; the beds keeps slipping apart leaving a big gap. Bed did not feel clean either, expected to sleep under a sheet, therefore no care had been taken with the duvet: it seemed unwashed. The two half-decent features of this hotel are the location and the fan in our room. Also no maps or anything provided in reception, and the receptionist/staff were smoking at the door of the hotel, allowing the smell to waft through the hotel: not pleasant. Overall would not recommend.