New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hotel Villa Flori

Hotel Villa Flori
Ranked #5 of 32 Hotels in Como
Hong Kong
“Lovely hotel with a lake view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed in this hotel in September. It's a quiet hotel but our room was near to the road, it wasn't a problem if you close the verandah doors. People here complained about the service, it wasn't that bad, the Filipino porter is very helpful. The front desk staff are ok but maybe that's the Italian way. Don't forget to walk up the road for 20 minutes to Villa D'este for pre-dinner drinks, it's not very expensive and the view is marvelous.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the busy road.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Nobody
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Westport CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

Yes, they renovated but they failed to change their dismissive, disdainful attitude. Just came back from three nights
in their 398 E/night junior suite which had no robes, slippers, turndown service, and when you called the front desk you got attitude. 25 E/per day for parking, 8 E per day/wifi, and the most pretentious restaurant staff ever. Interestingly, the entire hotel staff seemed to be quite unified in this "inhospitality."

This stay was at the end of a three-week tour of Italy. We stayed at B and B's, a Relais hotel and an airport hotel. Villa Flori was the only one that made us feel unwelcomed and glad to leave.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Regal328
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

My family and I stayed at Villa Flori during a 2 and a half week vacation in Italy for 4 nights in September. All of the complaints listed in other reviews are exactly right. I have never been treated so poorly at what is supposed to be a "luxurious" hotel in my life. First off, when we arrived, we were told absolutely nothing about the hotel, it's facilities or anything for that matter. Throughout out stay it was as if we were being rude and ultra demanding. I say this because every request we made was met with attitude and bewilderment by the hotel staff. We called down one night for a corkscrew to open some wine. We were told that it would be up in 2 minutes by the staff. 2 hours later and no corkscrew. I called again and was told that it wasn't possible. So I then walked to the bar and borrowed the bartenders corkscrew, took it to my room and took it back to the bar. Not a huge deal, but a little irritating. We had dinner at the hotels restaurant one night. It was way overpriced and the food was not very good. That try so hard to make the restaurant so "high-end", but fail so miserably! Service was terrible and the head waiter was yelling a a busboy right in front of us for little mistakes. I felt terrible for him and it was very awkward. Overall, we just never felt welcome at this hotel. It has a very cold and detached feeling. I would never stay here again, even if it was free if charge. They need to get their act together and fix whatever is going in there because it truly is a beautiful property that is just broken.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank imacubsfan
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September. The property was very well taken care of, the
remodel was done very tastefully and brought the rooms and facilities very much up to date.
Our room was modern, and in excellent condition with an exceptional view of Lake Como.
Two negatives:
1. The location, while on the lake required an automobile and parking was 25/e day
2. In addition to paying for the room, they charge 8/e an hour for wi-fi!!!!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Andiamo24
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

This is the first time I have written a review on Trip Advisor. I use the website as a rough guide on what a hotel will be like. I've found that more often than not that most reviews are accurate, and do realise that some people can be very picky, which I like to think I am not.

Let me start by saying this was hands down the WORST service I have ever encountered in a hotel after many years off travelling.

Firstly upon arrival was given no information on the hotel or things to do around the Lake, which didn't bother me to much. On our second night after coming home after a great day exploring the lake, I asked a different lady at the front desk (even more unhelpful than the first) if they had room service. To which I was greated with a bewildered look followed by a no. No help to what other alternatives as to anything nearby. I then asked if I could get a corckscrew for a bottle wine I had bought in the town. I was asked to "go and ask the barman".

On the final day at checkout, I was greeted by a third ever unhelpful lady. Not even asked how my stay was, just for my credit card. I said goodbye after payment, to which she could not have even been bothered to reply to.

Was the room nice. Yes. Was it worth €500 for two nights. No. The staff here tried and succeeded in making me feel as unwelcome and unwanted as possible.

• Stayed September 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Claymation77
Also consider these accommodations in or near Como
Palace Hotel
Villa d'Este
#1 of 7 in Cernobbio
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,167 reviews
Hotel Barchetta Excelsior

Been to Hotel Villa Flori? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK