All reviews fitness center grand hotel villa serbelloni self catering these apartments small balcony enjoyed our stay lake como toiletries
Reviewed 9 October 2016

After some research we found out about these appartments and immediately it appealed to me. The apartments are just behind the beautiful Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni but at a fraction of the cost to stay in the hotel. You have full use of all the facilities of the hotel, pool, restaurants etc while there and the staff treated us as if we were staying in the hotel. Our appartment was perfect for us (two people) it was very spacious and the bed was very comfy. We had a small kitchen with everything you need and a wonderful balcony with sun beds and chairs and an amazing view. The view was absolutely beautiful and the balcony a lovely sun trap. We absolutely loved staying here as it gave us the freedom to cook a light breakfast and have a full size fridge for our stay. My only warning to anyone one who is not driving is that the appartments are up a steep hill but it was a great way to keep fit from all the wonderful food we were eating. There are steps to bring you down to the gardens (which are absolutely beautiful) and the swimming pool. The prices for the drinks at the pool were much higher then what we paid around the town but I did expect that. There was side exit from the apartments (instead of going through the hotel) and just outside there was a lovely restaurant and lots of shops where you could get fabulous cheeses and fresh rolls etc. I really can not fault anything about our stay here. The concierge in the hotel were so helpful to me when I was having a problem printing my boarding card and when I said we wanted to go to Switzerland they printed off times of trains and lots of information for me. We are already planning a return trip and looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DublinKaren
Reviewed 22 August 2016

The property, even though claiming on popular booking sites that it has a free cancellation policy, will charge you on the day you decide to book and then take ages to refund you. Bear in mind, you will wile booking with free cancellation, you will loose money on the currency exchange and the fees, so the cancellation will not be free. It took them 2 weeks and 2 phone calls to finally issue the refund.

Furthermore, the amazing pool they show off on every website? It's actually from another hotel and while you do have access to it, it does not belong to Residence L'Ulivo.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank frequenttraveller455
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

Bellagio is a most beautiful village/small town located midway up at the very tip of the inverted "Y" shape of Lake Como. The scenery, everywhere you look, is breathtakingly stunning and this resort is full of beautifully preserved and maintained buildings and gardens.
The apartments are positioned just behind the fabulous Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni. Our apartment was spacious with good sized bedroom and very comfy bed and had a small balcony with 2 sun beds and 2 chairs with a small table and views of the lake and mountains.
It was a very short walk to the village centre with a big choice of bars and restaurants and the dock area where there are ferries running constantly to take you to the other towns and villages on the lake.
With free parking and the right to use all of the facilities of the main Grand Hotel next door, we really enjoyed our 5 night stay.
Our only criticisms of the accommodation were that the lighting was not great and was not very contemporary and the furniture in the living room, comprising an armchair and a sofa bed settee, we're not very comfortable to sit on for any length of time and the bathroom was not up to modern standards, albeit that everything worked, but, for example, a small shower curtain rather than a glass shower screen, is no longer what I would really expect to find.
So, to conclude, we had a great time and the apartment worked well, but it would benefit from a bit of a makeover to make it really first class.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robin19561702
Reviewed 6 October 2015

I picked this place for the location. I wanted somewhere walking distance from the action in Bellagio, yet in a quiet area. The grounds are beautiful. We enjoyed swimming in the pool, and even took a dip in the (chilly) lake. A highlight of our stay was a picnic dinner on the terrace, overlooking the lake.

I was impressed with the honesty of the house-keeping staff. Upon returning from our morning walk, we were greeted by the house-keeper and her managers...both with very solemn faces. We wondered if some one had died. It turned out that while cleaning a cell phone had been bumped off the bed, fell to the floor and cracked. There were smiles all around when we explained that the crack was old, from a previous fall. Although the housekeeper had done no damage to our phone, we were very impressed with her honesty.

Some of the reviews below gave me pause, by their comments about being treated inferior to the guests of the sister hotel. This was not at all the case for us. Our group of 12 arrived in 2 vans, exhausted and cranky from the flight from Chicago. The bellman was wonderful, driving with us to the Residence. The concierge and front desk staff treated us very well, as did the pool staff.
TIP: Driving to the hotel through the pedestrian area is a bit tricky the first time. Fear not, and drive through.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
5  Thank smurer2016
Reviewed 15 June 2015

While planning a return visit to beautiful Bellagio on Lake Como, I found that the lake front hotels had all been fully booked. But, Trip Adviser indicated that the Residence L'Ulivo had an available apartment, so I looked at the online photos of the accommodations, and decided to go for it. It was one of the best decisions I have ever made with regard to choosing vacation lodging. Though I did not fully understand it when I booked the reservation, the residence a part of the large complex that is the Villa Serbelloni -- the town's grandest and most beautiful hotel. It sits just behind the main hotel, one level higher than Bellagio's lake front, and on the same level as a main shopping/dining street. As a guest at Residence L'Ulivo, we had access to any of the hotel's services we wanted, and those hotel services proved to be criticallly important to us.

We drove to Bellagio from Venice, and the trip was uneventful until our arrival. Pulling onto the grounds of the Villa Serbelloni, our rental car suddenly began emitting noxious black smoke from under its hood, causing us to exit the brand new vehicle as quickly as possible, fearing it was about to explode into flames. The hotel's staff leaped to our assistance, quickly removing our possessions a safe distance away and directing me to the concierge desk. At the desk, I encountered a wonderful gentleman who spoke flawless English, and who, over the subsequent 24 hours, handled every aspect of our crisis for us. He reported the incident, arranged for the car to be picked up, arranged for a replacement car and ensured that this was all done on a schedule that would not prevent us from enjoying Bellagio and the other lake communities. The fact is that except for approving the arrangements he made on our behalf, I was barely inconvenienced by a problem that without his capable assistance could have disrupted most of our available time in Bellagio. Be assured that when they advertise that guests at the Residence L'Ulivo have access to the services of the main hotel, they mean exactly what they say. They were brilliant!

With the crisis being resolved, we proceeded to our apartment and found it to be very clean, beautifully furnished -- including a kitchenette with working appliances, dishes, cookware, etc. -- and completely comfortable. To our great delight, it also featured breathtaking views of Lake Como, with snow-peaked Alps in the background, from both the living room and bedroom windows. We found the apartment to be even nicer than the website photos caused us to expect. We were guests for three nights, and everything about our stay in Bellagio, including the apartment, was perfection. Perhaps I will stay at the main hotel on a future visit, just for the boasting rights. But, considering the reasonableness of its cost, the services provided, the quality of its furnishings, and the spectacular views outside its windows, the Residence L'Ulivo has plenty about which it could also boast. Since the staff is far too dignified and circumspect to ever do that, let me do it for them. The Residence L'Ulivo is a great discovery, easily worth its reasonable cost (which included free parking), and it provides easy access to Bellagio and its many charms.

Room Tip: According to the staff with whom I spoke, each apartment at the residence has wonderful views, so I think they would qualify as "good rooms."
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends