Hotel Florence
US$ 259
US$ 227
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Locanda della Maria(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 224
US$ 147
Hotel Bellagio(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
US$ 182
US$ 160
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Metropole Bellagio(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 180
US$ 502
US$ 954
US$ 868
Agoda.com
Hotel Il Perlo Panorama(Bellagio)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
All reviewslake comolakeside restaurantold world charmperfect locationbeautiful hotelwater pressurepeople watchingreception deska lake view roombreakfast roomour night stayour honeymoonlovely roomglass of winetop floorloved this hotelspent nights
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I've just returned from 3 nights at the Florence - having had a short trip to Bellagio with my mother. It is a lovely old hotel, full of character with a great location on the lake road (but very quiet and peaceful) with fantastic views from our room - just perfect. The decor in the public rooms is lovely too.

Our room was spotlessly clean - not enormous but perfectly adequate. The only real downside is the plumbing - and the reason why I gave it 4 stars not 5. There was no shower, as I was expecting having read all the reviews - which wasn't really a problem but the plumbing was so slow - it took me half an hour each morning to run the bath to only about 8 inches deep! (we were on the top floor). However, the water was plenty hot enough and I could just about cope with it for 3 nights. It wouldn't put me off from returning - you have to accept that this is a very old hotel and to replace the plumbing would probably cost them a fortune. And, to be honest, the fabulous view from my window every morning more than made up for any minor inconveniences. I found the pillow rather hard but my top tip is to take it out and insert the two scatter cushions in the pillow slip instead - they fitted perfectly and it solved my problem!

The reception staff were very friendly and prompt - particularly the lady with blonde hair who was very helpful. We never ate in the restaurant but it looked very nice - we did have coffee and cake in the bar which was lovely. Breakfast was served in a wonderful old room - felt like I was in a monestary! The food was lovely the first day but by the third day I was getting bored as it doesn't vary - but it was all very nice and the croissants were delicious.

Bellagio is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been too - everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime! We were incredibly lucky with the weather too.

I would highly recommend Bellagio Water Taxis - especially their trip to Villa Balbienello in Lenno - Luca and Jennine are just great. Also, Villa Melzi Gardens in Bellagio; lunch in Varenna where there are loads of lovely restaurants, wonderful cobbled alleyways, fantastic icecream at La Giazerra Gelateria and the delightful Villa Monastero Gardens; Villa Carlotta in Tremezzo - superb gardens (if a little challenging to walk up the steep steps - but there are lifts) and a lovely house you can look round. Great restaurants in Bellagio are Alle Darsene in Loppia - my favourite - Bilacus and Trattoria San Giacomo. Bellagio is very quiet at night - everything seems to go dead at 10pm but that suited me as I was whacked by then!

By far the most beautiful lake I have ever been too.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a lake view - so worth paying the extra!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank localgirlWestSussex
Reviewed 18 May 2012

This was my first trip to Italy, & hands down Lake Como was one of the most spectacularly beautiful places I've ever been. I can't think of any other place I'd like to visit again & I'd highly recommend the enormously charming & authentic Hotel Florence! The hotel has a very traditional mom & pop feel w/a funky artistic, classic contemporary feel...& loads of character. The front desk staff were beyond accomodating & so helpful to our travel needs including brother's Timothy & Christian that run the place. I also received one of the best massages from their masseuse Samantha, I've ever had! We stayed on the first floor to a room that opened up to a beautiful terrace w/a lakeside view. Our bathroom had this gorgeous blue & white tile w/a clawfoot tub! The lobby where our room was opened to an amazingly decorated sitting room which led into the dining room. While we enjoyed some fabulous meals at various Bellagio eateries such as La Punta & Trattoria San Giacomo some of the best meals we enjoyed were at the hotel. It's true, the rooms don't have Wi Fi & you have to go to the lobby to access it & the heater in the room was old so it was a bit cold, but other than that I could not have been more thoroughly enchanted...hope one day to return!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anelizk26
Reviewed 17 May 2012

What can you say about a hotel that's been around for over 100 years? It's very charming, perfectly located in a wonderful town. Small, but beautifully decorated rooms. Tiny bathroom without a shower - they really should change some of the bathtubs for showers for people who really want a shower. Breakfast was in a gorgeous room - ordinary food though. But, the views make up for all the other issues. Bellagio was my favourite town on Lake Como as well.

Room Tip: You must choose a lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna O
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I would like to give this hotel 4 stars but, my trip to Italy has been less than enjoyable because of my stay here.

Let, me start with the good. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is along the water, and depending on your means of transportation, it can be just steps away from your arrival point. Unfortunately for us, we booked too late to secure a lake-view room. I would definitely recommend booking as early as possible to get one of those rooms. Our charming little room faced a courtyard and had all the amenities we needed. One note is that the bathroom has a tub only, not a stand-up shower.

The hotel has complimentary wi-fi but, due to the thickness of the walls, it can only be accessed in the lobby. It would be nice if they added wi-fi in the bar too. Just a suggestion, definitely not a deal-breaker.

There are two people who attended the reception desk. A woman, and a gentleman named Timothy. Timothy who is absolutely wonderful, helpful, and super sweet. He takes his time to make sure you feel welcome, and are comfortable. If you ask him a question he makes sure to give you any information he can that will enable you to make the best decision. If you arrive late, after restaurants are closed, he will make sure you get at least a sandwich - even if he has to make it himself. Basically, Timothy is awesome :)

Now the bad... I have allergy induced asthma and my husband has mild allergies. We are not sure exactly what it was but, the bedding was awfully musty and caused severe allergic reactions in both of us but, especially in me. The first night I was up for half the night sneezing. The second night, I was so miserable I couldn't sleep at all. Thankfully I left after the second night but, unfortunately for me, the allergies followed me on the rest of my trip through Italy and gave rise to an asthma attack.

If it wasn't for the bedding I would return to this hotel but, because of this severe issue I don't think I ever would.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank triple_s_11
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was our first hotel on our first visit to Italy, a great way to start the holiday. Do not expect normal, big city, style comforts but the location and feeling of the history of the building out weighs that. It is right across from the Lake Como, and our room had opening doors to soak up the view. Service was mostly friendly.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple