See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2014

This was our second visit to AltoBlu. You cannot find a better place to stay with views of the sea towards the French Riviera. Tastefully decorated rooms with a very special artistic touch. Blue themes, glass, stone, fabrics, state of art bathroom and shower room fixtures. Lovely towels, pillows and toiletries. Breakfast can be enjoyed outside overlooking the sea. A new extended patio has an outside shower and relaxing area to lie on sun beds and soak in the atmosphere of this delightful village high up in the hills. Go there and see this gem for yourselves. Thank you Luciana and Elio for being great hosts.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
luluieio, Proprietario at Altoblu Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Hello Johanna, thank you very much!

Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were a group of 4, my sister, sister in law and husband- traveling from Washington DC.
We stayed for 5 days and loved every minute of it.
I'm quite particular on cleanliness and love to walk bare foot... This was the only hotel/b&b that I was able to do so. Everything was so very clean, and comfortable!
We stayed and the suite and had a private terrace all to ourselves, breakfast was magical.... Under a cherry tree surrounded by the scent on jasmine, on top of a cliff, facing the sea!
Luciana and Emilio were very kind and helpful hosts.
Other than their kindness they are also very interesting people... Luciana is a very fine artist, she paints, sculpts and has had many exhibitions.... Coming from an art background myself I found her atelier very charming and full of life.
Hope to go back very soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I visited Alto Blu b&b in Mortola Superiore for a week mid-August. I was there on my own for a bit of a break and had travelled there from Provence by train. Elio and Luciana, the owners, met me at the station in Menton and took a lot of trouble showing me the local beaches before driving me up to the tiny hamlet of Mortola Superiore. It is on top of a crag close to the French border and the only disadvantage is that there is no bus and the climb on foot is very steep. Nevertheless, Elio was happy to drive me anywhere I wanted to go, which was great. The location is very convenient for visits to Menton and Ventimiglia, plus the autostrada goes the whole way along the Riviera coast of France and Italy. The accommodation is immaculate. I was in the Scrigno Blu, which had a wonderful blue shower room. The breakfast was always delicious: fresh croissants and pain au chocolat, orange juice, yoghurt and cereal, plus great coffee. Luciana is an artist and endlessly helpful in every way. The house reflects her personality and is wonderfully colourful and welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Orna O
Reviewed 25 August 2011

We stayed two nights at Altoblu and loved every minute of it. The rooms are lovely decorated with taste; we stayed in the room called Scrigno Blu, which has a very original bathroom which reminded us of The Little Mermaid. We got a chance to see the suite as well, which has ample space and an amazing private terrace with ocean view. Luciana is very nice; she grew up in the village, is a known artist and incredibly hospitable. Mortola itself is the perfect base for those who like calmth but want to discover the area of Nice, Menton, Ventimiglia, etcetera.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2009

Mortola Superiore is a hamlet of Ventimiglia very close to the French borderline, Menton is 1,5 Km far; the B&B is located on the hill frontside to the sea.
There is a beutiful view on the sea.
The owners are very kind and friendly and always available to help and suggests for your best staying.
The rooms are very clean spacious comfortable (the look like brand new) with all the necessary for your confort.
The breakfast in the morning served by the owners is based on handmade local and fresh products very good in quality and quantity.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple