“Very good diving experience, average overall feeling”
Review of Portofino Divers

Portofino Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Portofino Divers is a dedicated dive center for those who seek the finest , it was set up in 2002 by Susanna and Bruno Borelli with the aim of offering a premier quality service to those who are interested in diving the best sites in the Portofino National Marine Reserve and the many wrecks off western coast of Liguria. It offers quality GUE and PADI training programs at any level.
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I dove 6 times with Portofino Divers. In general you get what you paid for. Prices are a little higher than other diving centers, but:
- Boat if very good, well adapted and the groups are limited, which gives you a lot of space on the boat and during gearing up.
- Although I used my own gear, their gear is very professional and high quality.
- Facility is well equipped and really divers oriented
- Facility-boat-dive-after dive cycle is well organized
Accommodation they can provide is nice and clean, with shared kitchen and bathroom. It is quite noisy, but also the price is very reasonable considering the area.
The only unpleasant experience I had was the one with the owner Bruno. All the time I get the feeling he is rude and he cares only if I pay him for the service. Instead of explaining why we proceed like this, not like that he just gives dusty answers, do as you wish, its on your own responsibility etc. During departure time we had small argue, but at the end he offered free half day accommodation. I perfectly understand he is the owner and its his job to take care of business, but sometimes its more beneficial to cool down or simply delegate some tasks to others. It would be much better reception if I could remove Bruno’s attitude from the equation.
On another hand his crew is excellent! All of them are very nice, professional, helpful, informative and happy. And they are good divers.
Overall it is a good, professional diving center and I can recommend it

1  Thank Andrew_0000000000000
BrunoBorelli, Proprietario at Portofino Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Hello Andrew,

thanks for your review.

I'm glad you find a very professional service at our facility.

Unfortunately I know I could look rude to whom does not know me or especially to whom is rude with me. I have to admit since the first minute you entered the dive shop I had quite some difficulties in dealing with you. You know some people does not like each other since the first approach and, like you said, I'm not good dealing with guests. Some people hates me, other loves me. For sure I'm not the kind of person who makes a lot of smiles and then treat the customer like he is always right. I need to improve on that aspect but I do not think will be never my best quality. My main responsabilty is to guarantee safety and fun to our customers. I'm aware of the fact they spend a lot of money to dive with us and I want to do the best to meet or to go over their expectations. Sometimes this is not fully understood but we can not make everybody happy.

About our small argue in the end ... you cancelled the last night accommodation at the last minute and you where pretending to leave the room in the evening ... No comments on this.

Best,

"eels"
"boat"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 August 2017

In July I spent two days diving with Bruno and his team at the Area Protetta di Portofino. This is a very nice place with many dive spots to discover. Many thanks to Susi, she guides me very well, Bruno for the quick response and easy booking and also to Edo and Nico for help with the equipment. They all are really professionals and all time I felt to be in good hands. I am sure I will come back again, maybe next year.

2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

First time scuba diving and couldn't have asked for a better experience. Our instructors were thorough and patient, we felt very safe diving with them. The dive spots that we were taken to were excellent, the boat was lovely and there are shower facilities back at their office. Would definitely dive again and highly recommend to anyone who wants to dive in this area.

1  Thank Cheryl T
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

We were all novices and were very well looked after by the whole team. Some of our group were very nervous but were not put under any pressure and the instructors were very patient and understanding.
We would highly recommend this company and we're thrilled to see Christ of the Abyss and the marine reserve

1  Thank pytheen
See more reviews
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I saw the Christ of the Abyss and a reef with my boyfriend. Even though we had bad weather in the afternoon, Bruno allowed us to go on a dive in the morning with just me and my boyfriend so we could still dive. You can tell Bruno really cares about his customers and goes to great lengths for their safety and satisfaction. We stayed in the guesthouse and it was very nice, with a small shared kitchen and bathroom. Bruno was very patient with us even though we were beginners. When we started to dive I was out of breath from losing my flipper and never having swam in the ocean before. I decided not to dive and he lead me back to the boat and he took my boyfriend on a personal tour of the statue and reef. When they got back he asked me if I still wanted to see the statue quickly which I thought was very nice. He not only took me for a dive around the statue but also showed me some of the reef. If you want a very good quality dive shop look no further. Bruno really cares about the customers and runs a very good shop.

2  Thank lyslyslys9