“High quality customer-focused dive shop”
Review of Portofino Divers

Portofino Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Portofino Divers is a dedicated dive center for those who seek the finest , it was set up in 2002 by Susanna and Bruno Borelli with the aim of offering a premier quality service to those who are interested in diving the best sites in the Portofino National Marine Reserve and the many wrecks off western coast of Liguria. It offers quality GUE and PADI training programs at any level.
Reviewed 20 May 2017

I saw the Christ of the Abyss and a reef with my boyfriend. Even though we had bad weather in the afternoon, Bruno allowed us to go on a dive in the morning with just me and my boyfriend so we could still dive. You can tell Bruno really cares about his customers and goes to great lengths for their safety and satisfaction. We stayed in the guesthouse and it was very nice, with a small shared kitchen and bathroom. Bruno was very patient with us even though we were beginners. When we started to dive I was out of breath from losing my flipper and never having swam in the ocean before. I decided not to dive and he lead me back to the boat and he took my boyfriend on a personal tour of the statue and reef. When they got back he asked me if I still wanted to see the statue quickly which I thought was very nice. He not only took me for a dive around the statue but also showed me some of the reef. If you want a very good quality dive shop look no further. Bruno really cares about the customers and runs a very good shop.

2  Thank lyslyslys9
"eels"
"boat"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

As part of my PADI course I was taken to the Ligurian coast to complete my open water dives. It is a beautiful location to complete it and in May the water is 19/20 degrees. I was very nervous to start with and the first part of the first day went very badly but luckily my instructor Giulia has the patience of a saint and spoke completely fluent English as her mother is Italian. She talked me through my mild panic so we completed the first day. On day 2 we went out on the boat to the Altare national park and the two dives went very well - so I qualified!! I wouldn't have done it without the support and patience of the whole team so thank you very much. The school is very well organised and supplies all the equipment and support necessary. Please use them if you are scuba diving in Italy and they do all levels and snorkelling. Thank you Bruno and your excellent team especially Giulia!!!

3  Thank William C
Reviewed 25 August 2016

As professional as it gets. Great attention to detail, careful, courteous. We did 2 dives on UJ-2207, one on air, the other on EAN32. Bruno drove the boat and gave us an excellent briefing. We dove with Stephane who was a terrific guide, showing us all over this historical wreck. He also was a total inspiration for improving our diving skills as his buoyancy and trim were simply astounding. Indeed, we will take GUE courses going forward. I could not be more pleased nor recommend more highly to divers looking for an experience a good step above the usual.

1  Thank rwlourie
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have visited Porto Fino Divers both as student of technical diving and
for recreational dives with my wife. The boat is the best - runs fast enough, is very
stable, offers for comfort for divers with multiple tanks/stages.
Operation of boat is super smooth - Bruno & crew hooks up to landing sites
regardless of weather - no time spent waiting for entangled anchors or searching
for wrecks.

Divning Center has super efficient fill station and Bruno is doing very accurate
(mixed) gas fills.

Accomodation is also available at the dive center which is a bonus due to
convenient location and the quite pricy area.

1  Thank Peter B