“Ask for Giulia!”
Review of Portofino Divers

Portofino Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Portofino Divers is a dedicated dive center for those who seek the finest , it was set up in 2002 by Susanna and Bruno Borelli with the aim of offering a premier quality service to those who are interested in diving the best sites in the Portofino National Marine Reserve and the many wrecks off western coast of Liguria. It offers quality GUE and PADI training programs at any level.
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

As part of my PADI course I was taken to the Ligurian coast to complete my open water dives. It is a beautiful location to complete it and in May the water is 19/20 degrees. I was very nervous to start with and the first part of the first day went very badly but luckily my instructor Giulia has the patience of a saint and spoke completely fluent English as her mother is Italian. She talked me through my mild panic so we completed the first day. On day 2 we went out on the boat to the Altare national park and the two dives went very well - so I qualified!! I wouldn't have done it without the support and patience of the whole team so thank you very much. The school is very well organised and supplies all the equipment and support necessary. Please use them if you are scuba diving in Italy and they do all levels and snorkelling. Thank you Bruno and your excellent team especially Giulia!!!

Date of experience: May 2017
"buoyancy"
"shop"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 25 August 2016

As professional as it gets. Great attention to detail, careful, courteous. We did 2 dives on UJ-2207, one on air, the other on EAN32. Bruno drove the boat and gave us an excellent briefing. We dove with Stephane who was a terrific guide, showing us all over this historical wreck. He also was a total inspiration for improving our diving skills as his buoyancy and trim were simply astounding. Indeed, we will take GUE courses going forward. I could not be more pleased nor recommend more highly to divers looking for an experience a good step above the usual.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank rwlourie
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I have visited Porto Fino Divers both as student of technical diving and
for recreational dives with my wife. The boat is the best - runs fast enough, is very
stable, offers for comfort for divers with multiple tanks/stages.
Operation of boat is super smooth - Bruno & crew hooks up to landing sites
regardless of weather - no time spent waiting for entangled anchors or searching
for wrecks.

Divning Center has super efficient fill station and Bruno is doing very accurate
(mixed) gas fills.

Accomodation is also available at the dive center which is a bonus due to
convenient location and the quite pricy area.

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank PeterB1917
Reviewed 11 June 2016

We did two morning dives with Portofino Divers. The original booking was to see the Christ of the Abyss and one of the nearby wrecks, but the stormy conditions made it too cloudy to see anything, so they had us dive along one of the sea walls instead. They were still great dives, and fortunately the boat was covered so we weren't exposed to the heavy rains on our return to Santa Margherita, like some of the other dive boats we saw. They did a great job too with my teenage son who is new to diving.

Date of experience: June 2016