Park Hotel Suisse
Hotel Santa Margherita Palace(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 341
US$ 304
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Continental(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 306
US$ 297
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sant'Andrea(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 181
US$ 176
Metropole(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 317
US$ 291
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel Miramare(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 614
US$ 543
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Imperiale Palace Hotel(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 412
US$ 401
Orbitz.com
US$ 822
US$ 799
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Anita(Santa Margherita Ligure)(Great Value!)
US$ 225
US$ 197
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Hotel Blu di Te(Santa Margherita Ligure)
US$ 347
US$ 336
Orbitz.com
Best Western Regina Elena(Santa Margherita Ligure)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I am Italian (living in London) and feel sorry for my country as we don't do any good to ourselves rating hotels as we currently do. I have been in Park Hotel Suisse last week end (14 April 2012) and my experience has been poor. The hotel was built up in the '60s/'70s and I guess nothing has changes since then: very old infrastructure and furnishing, small and old rooms, very poor bathrooms with no water pressure. Nothing has changed since Woodstock in the hotel. While bed linen were clean and the overall hotel was clean, it is not a comfortable place to stay. I must say that it is well positioned and the parking (costing 15 euros per night) is quite comfortable in a town where there's no parking. We paid only 74 euros (or 61 pounds) per night and that was cheap for the location. Breakfast was poor but ok quality.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Warpa
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Two of my friends and I decided to go to Italy because one of my friends wanted to visit his grandma who was in the hospital :(. We wanted to go to support him and to have a nice change of environment for the weekend. We saw this "4 star" hotel online and thought it was a good choice since it was right near the small town center and it was a good price.

We arrived at 10:30 PM only to be greeted by a receptionist who had the personality of a zombie. She was very monotone and had no personality. We went up to our rooms and found that they were outdated and dirty. The walls have marks, there was no conditioner, and the ELECTRICITY DIDN'T WORK. I mean come on, I want to relax and go to sleep! We went down to reception and told the zombie receptionist that the power didn't work, and she acted like she didn't care. She strolled over to the maintenance room and called the a man into our room so he could fix the power. After 15 minutes he managed to fix the power, but only to have it fail 10 seconds after he walked out of our room. The beds are mediocre because they are made of cheap fabrics and have no comforting appeal at all.

The next morning we went down to the breakfast and they had an average selection of food. It was rather cheap and oily. After we went out for the afternoon and explored the town and had a nice lunch. I love the small town of Santa Margherita though!

For those of you who want to have a nice little weekend in this small town, I STRONGLY advise you not to come this hotel! It is has a cold, eerie feeling at night as though someone is always watching you and the staff makes it even worse because they aren't attentive.

Room Tip: Just dont come here if you want a good experience and a good sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Keane H
Reviewed 1 December 2011

We stayed at this hotel the last weekend in November. Our room was very large and easily accommodated our family of four. The bathroom was good size and everything was clean. We had a beautiful view of the bay from our room. My kids loved that the pool was heated so they could swim even in November. My only complaint was that there was an extra charge for parking and finding a spot and getting in and out were difficult. Otherwise great stay. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 12 November 2011

The Hotel was quite interesting. First of all Santa Margarita is beautiful and we could have stayed a couple more nights. The view from our room was spectacular. The Hotel is dated but it still is very classy. It is a step back in time to the days when this part of Italy was where the Rich and Famous came to stay. In its prime the Hotel must have been magnificent. We would stay there again but I bet the price will be way higher as soon as the renovation is done. This Hotel is ideally located in Santa Margarita. Italy was all about walking for us as Parking is crazed wherever you go. Located in the middle of town just off the main drive. Walking distance to Town, a short drive to Portofino.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MBSalomone
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed with friends, booked online and it looked great in reality a hell hole.
Once we inspected the room we asked if we could be excused from as many as possible days. Their answer was NO you have paid already. We explained we are very unhappy with the rooms as they were 1) run down (glass cracked) 2) they smelt of smoke and the cover up spray was setting off Our traveling partners sinuses. They showed no sympathy. When we asked if we can change one of the rooms. They said that they were all the same. When we said were in two rooms and they are not. (she shrugged her sholder and smiled) We advised that I feel compelled to write about it on Trip advisor they said they dont need trip advisor write whatever you want. I asked if they cared about their customers and she shrugged and smiled again. She then said they have plenty of bookings and don't need trip advisors customers.
I recomend a boycott to show that this level of customer service is unacceptable. so on a score of 10 they get a 0 for service a 1 for the room and a 8 for the veiw.

Room Tip: avoid room 634 your head is 20mm from the noicy lift. But the best tip is "DONT COME HERE"
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends