Hotel Birillo
Crismar Hotel(La Spezia)
US$ 123
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Locanda Dal Moccia(La Spezia)(Great Value!)
US$ 86
TripAdvisor
Hotel Mary(La Spezia)
TripAdvisor
Locanda Tramonti(La Spezia)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssmall bathroomcinque terrehome madeperfect stopoverfresh homemade cakestrain stationno liftstar hoteltwo nightsbreakfast buffeteasy walking distanceour honeymoonthe room was nicecoffee machineshort staysarahmultilingual
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2016

I didn't like this Hostel at all. I had high expectations since I read all these good reviews online. I had the feeling it was dirty. I even found bugs inside the room.

Unfortunately, since it was very late I couldn't call for help (since there wasn't somebody at the front desk during the night).

The girl in the front desk was super nice and helped us get our luggage upstairs (there was no elevator).

Since we left so early, there was nobody to open the front door. She left us keys for us to help ourselves out. She promised to leave some breakfast packed, but apparently she forgot.

I would not come back. One night was enough!!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2016

I'm really sorry but I think that your bad night here depended also by the fact that you had a bad day, that you lost your luggage and the rest...
We saw you didn't see the packed breakfast and I'm really sorry about that

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Front desk staff spoke English and were very informative. The train to the cinque terra villages was not running when I arrived due to a minor landslide so the hotel staff gave me directions for a bus to do a different hike while I waited a day for the train to run again. Rooms are small and bed was very basic but linens were clean. Included breakfast is pretty good as well.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo

Thank you so much, we really appreciated that you wanted to share your experience with other travellers.
The village you meant was Portovenere for sure and we suggest everybody to visit it because it's really magic =)

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

The room and bathroom were small, but they were clean and cozy. The staff was friendly and helpful- we had to catch an early train but breakfast only starts at 7am, but she prepared breakfast 10 minutes earlier so we could still grab a bite. We really appreciated that.
Wifi was a bit unstable, but it was alright since we were out the entire day.
The hostel is only short walk (about 15 mins?) to the train station so it makes a great base for visiting Cinque Terre.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zher Min T
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2015

Thank you so much for your nice review.
It was a pleasure for us to try to satisfy your needs, so we did our best to make sure that you could leave eating something at least , and something good =)

It's true, our hotel is really central so it's a real base for everything you'd like to visit.
Hope to see you next time ;)

Reviewed 6 November 2015

+ perfect location between railway station, port and the historical center of the city. The hotel is situated on the silent street near the main prospect with many shops, restaurants and transport.
+ fantastic friendly and helpful stuff (the girl on the reception and the boy who helps her with the breakfast)
+ the price was 70 EU per room per night in october, it isn't very cheap but neither very expensive, it's ok!
+ the room was nice and clean with a new furniture and recently renovated bathroom
+ really fantastic breakfast (especially for Italy)!! It was a little bit different from day to day. There were different cakes, fruits, yogurts, cheese, ham, sausages and eggs or omelette with mozzarella and my favourite sandwiches with tunny!!! Plus juiсes, tea and caffe.
+ there was free wi-fi, free computer in lobby, free maps and free welcome cocktail
- The biggest disadvantage of this hotel is La Spezia. This city is too humid and that is why we always felt humidity in our room, everything was wet (clothes, paper etc). And I know that it is a problem of the city, not of the hotel cause I have already been in La Spezia before and I had the same problem. So I advice you to visit it only in the summer.
- As there were humidity in the room we would like to switch on the heating (air-conditioner), but it works only for making air cold, not hot.
- There was no many light in the room and there was only one chair.. we would like two for twin room, the bathroom is very small (but it was ok for us cause we are thin girls)
- Wi-Fi didn't work in the room, but on the stairs and in lobby - yes
- There is no lift and the hotel has 3 floors, but the girl on the reception can help you (she is fantastic!)
- You should ask for the soap on the second, third etc days of your stay (but I understood that it is a problem of all hotels in Liguria)))

Room Tip: Ask about renovated room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank VictoriaSPb
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2015

Sharing your experience is always important and you gave lots of informations
We're always happy when people apreciate all our job.
Thank you for mentioning our staff and breakfast and everything, we really like what we do and we try our best to make you happy :)

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We chose the hotel for its price and decent reviews. As mentioned in other reviews the toilet was really small but manageable. There was a problem of bath water getting into the room, but we managed it for one night.
The room decor was modern and the towels were clean. The breakfast was decent as well. The owners was really helpful with the trip plans and other basics.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mayank_agarwal
HotelBirillo, Responsabile reception at Hotel Birillo, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Thank you so much for you decent review :)
Unfortunately it's true that barthrooms are small, and unfortunately we cannot do much about that, unless renovating and keeping thwm as clean as we can.
For the rest, we keep trying doing our best as we really want to make your stay a erally good stay.