See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 June 2015 via mobile

We arrived before the check-in time, so they told us we should wait till 2 pm. As we were sitting down by the reception (because traveling isn't really exhausting right?), the wonderful host gracefully approached us and said that we have to pay 10€ to sit. Yeah, that happened.
They didn't help with the luggages, and the host bluntly interrupted my friend who was asking him a question because his shift just ended.
They say there's free WiFi, but good luck getting good reception in the rooms. After 8 pm, the entire reception area is closed, so to get some signal we had to sit on the floor. There is also no cellular signal in the entire hotel.
The next morning when we were heading to breakfast (which we thought was included in our booking because the host mentioned it), he again approached us to say that breakfast wasn't included, and we had to pay 10€ for it. It's a good thing we didn't get it because it looked bad anyway.
The only good things I can say about this place really are that it is close to the aquarium and central plaza, and that the pillows are comfy.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2014

Pros
Central location; good value for money; staff helpful - recommended a good restaurant, let us leave luggage for a few hours and got us an 'instant' taxi.
Cons
Up a lot of stairs; breakfast skimpy but coffee was good.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 40carolen
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Thank you to the staff of Mini Hotel for the attentive service and attention to security. Upon re-entering the hotel I was pleased to see the staff verify our identity for room access.
The rooms were adequate and for the cost good value for location and service provided. Very little natural light. The morning breakfast with fresh espresso and cappuccino was appreciated.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cctkMiller
Reviewed 12 July 2014

5/5 considering it was only about £20 a night for a single room :) All I ask for that price is that a place is clean, safe and adequately comfortable and this hotel definitely was. I stayed 4 nights, had a spacious room with a sink and a 'shared' bathroom; the bathroom was locked and I was given a key for it and told that only I would be using it, which was seemingly true! The street outside was very noisy but this is a budget hotel so I anticipated that and brought earplugs. I thought it might be a bit scary at night being down an alley but it was well-lit and full of people at all times so as a lone female I felt perfectly safe. The staff were great and spoke English fine, the bed sunk a bit in the middle but it didn't hurt my back as other budget hotel beds can do. There is a fruit and snack shop next door to the hotel and two small supermarkets very nearby. If you go expecting a luxury hotel you'll be disappointed, but otherwise you'll be pleasantly surprised!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank sazmeister88
Reviewed 25 June 2014

At $25 pn (single, shared bath), this place rocks! In the heart of the centro historico, walking to shops, restaurants, Gelaterias, and historic sites, Mini Hotel becomes the best value of my trip. Clean, friendly, and so accessible. Didn't try the breakfast, but the coffee was nice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo