See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 September 2016

The location on the beach (not near, really on the beach) is nice, but when we arrived on a hot Sunday all the public parking spaces were occupied by beachgoers. You can make a reservation for a parking space at the hotel (we didn’t know), but still be prepared to park your car in a tiny space. The hotel room was old fashioned and could use a refresh. However, it was clean, the shower was Ok and it does somehow fit to the castle atmosphere. Best part of the hotel is the roof terrace!

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Atthe beach of Genoa - Pelgi a very charming hotel. It's looks like at the legends.
The bed was very comfortable ( no pea under the matrix ...) , big room with sea view and you can hear the waves.
Very friendly staff.

Room tip: The room on the top with terrace
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank MZ123461
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Could you want any more than a romantic castle at the edge of the Sea? There were two windows in the tower room where I stayed from which I could hear ( and see) the ocean lapping the beach - a wonderful sound to soothe you to sleep. The room itself was excellent with plenty of space more like an apartment than a hotel room and ( unusual for Italian hotels ) there was a kettle for making hot drinks and also a mini bar for cold . From a door at the back of the room a very large roof garden could be reached. If you are looking for character, and a romantic atmosphere , and something more than just synthetic convenience this is the place to come.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
castello mirama... c, Responsabile reception at Hotel Castello Miramare, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2015

Hello,

Thank you for your visit. Its a pleasure to work with customers like we hope to see
you another time.

Regards

Hotel Castello Miramare

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I am back packing through Italy and decided to stay at this hotel.
It is a small hotel but right on the sea.

It actually was a castle in the 1900's. I had a single room in the tower. It was perfect! Very clean, safe and I have a beautiful view :) Not to forget the rooftop terrace if you don't feel like laying on the beach.

The staff are ALL extremely friendly and were more than happy to give me advice on transportation and info on the local tourist spots to visit! Needless to say, I stayed 4 days at this hotel.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again when traveling to this area of Italy! :)

I actually had to stay a 5th night in the area and had to leave this hotel to stay across the street at the "grand" hotel Mediteranee (terrible hotel!!!!) the staff were so arrogant, unfriendly and condescending I went back to the Hotel Castello to ask for advice on how to get to the airport! She was soooo friendly and helpful! She have me a map verified my stops on the Internet and gave me an English novel to read for my flight home as another traveller had left it and I had finished mine! She was very kind, friendly and hospitable! All the things that the other hotel should take note of!

I have been to Italy on 3 separate occasions and have stayed in a number of hotels. I would MOST definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to anyone traveling to the area! :)

Crystal
Toronto, Canada

Date of stay: July 2014
2  Thank GirlCanadian
castello mirama... c, Responsabile reception at Hotel Castello Miramare, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2014

Hotel Castello Miramare

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Spent 5 weeks in the Hotel. An average hotel with homely atmosphere. Close to the beach and many beach restaurants. Restaurant Pizzeria at next door made me to taste original Italian Pizza. Many good seafood restaurants are there to enjoy,

Date of stay: April 2013