See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Lovely old building, but with surly staff behind the wheel. No bar or restaurant - you are directed out the back to an extra building - no menu. You choose from what is on offer. No Wi-Fi except in certain spots, do not expect to be able to work from your hotel room. Room was comfortable enough, just tired and a bit run down, like the rest of the old building that must have been majestic in its' time. Breakfast is standard(ish).

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I definitely don’t recommend this hotel to anyone. We’ve stayed here 3 nights. Since we arrived we’ve left our car in their parking, without even touching it for 3 days, and surprise: when we went to take the car, the front window broken (thnx God it wasn’t broken entirely). Immediately we went to speak with the personnel (which is very rude, by the way) and they’ve told us that is not their fault, and they don’t have evidence cause the camera doesn't arrive till there. Next day, we’ve skipped the breakfast (which is very simple, with 5€/pers you have much better options a few blocks away) at the hotel, and went to the police station to make a report. Not even when we camed with the report from the police station, the “owner” (but i’m quite sure he was another employee) didn’t wanted to watch the cameras “cause it takes too long, about 3-4 hours” and on his opinion the damage was caused by a fir cone, but the thing is that there wasn’t not even one pine. Anyway, we’ve done nothing, cause no one wants to help. We’ve left with our window broken and our holidays ruined. Don’t make the same mistake as we did, for that money you can find better and cleaner hotels.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was old but we loved it!!!
Our room overlooked the water too, staff was nice and breakfast great!!
The price was reasonably and the hotel was in a good location not far from the airport. Well worth the price

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I spent over 600 euros during my stay here which covered multiple nights. I was routinely treated with rudeness and disrespect by the staff at the front desk. They have arrogant attitudes in how they present to the customer. When I asked to use the computer, they acted like it was a major inconvenience. They put me off saying I needed to wait while they finished their work up. When I stood at the front desk trying to see what they were doing as to what they claimed, I witnessed two of the staff eating at their desks in the back where the computer was and not doing work at all putting me off w/cruelty, selfishness and lying ignoring me as a customer. The breakfast was mediocre w/very little choices. The room was unbearably hot in April with no air conditioning even though it showed on my booking site the room came with air conditioning which was a lie. The train goes right behind the hotel, and many times during the day, you can hear it passing which is very loud. The room itself was very small in size. The area the hotel is located in is not very clean, especially near the water. Trash is thrown all over the ground and sketchy characters are hanging out near the bus stops. I would never stay here again due to my experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Enzo T, Direttore at Grand Hotel Mediterranee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

I don't want to recommend this client to any hotel.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Nothing special.
Poor breakfast and messy parking behind the hotel.
We got the room on the 3d floor with the sea view and road, so was very noisy in the night.
Doors have no isolation at all.
Pretty hard beds.