All reviews marriott brand platinum member marriott family coop supermarket green marble business traveler large supermarket city centre nice hotel road noise the wi fi residential area mini bar bus stop rental car cinque terre up to date
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

We reserved this hotel online as a 3 star hotel. A bit disapointed. Rooms are big but would need some painting. Staff can be very friendly, as well as arrogent and stubborn. Breakfast is dull with nothing great to offer. This hotel is closer to a 2 star.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Gui L
Direzione_AC_Ge, General Manager at AC Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear guest,
we're very sorry for your dissatisfaction, it would nice to know where you found on line our category as a 3 star.We are a four star hotel with all services of this category.
I imagine you know well what a 2 stars mean, so it would be nice if you could explain better what you expected and specify which of our staff was arrogant and stubborn.
You can contact me at hotel's contacts, every review is important for us if we can improve our performances, but sometimes it's not so easy to understand guest's need.
Laura Gazzolo

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This is a standard medium budget hotel located a few miles away from Genova sea shore.
It’s quite nice an located in an area near a supermarket and a gas station.
The only two drawbacks I’ve experienced are finding a parking for my car every day near the hotel, though the hotel has a parking but without any reservation assurance, and to re-charge my room key-cards almost every evening when getting back to the hotel, though I always keep them away from mobile phone as suggested by the hotel receptioist.
All in all, a good place to stay for a couple of nights and to enjoy Genova site seeings.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank fshamali
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

I honestly wasn't expecting much after reading reviews but I couldn't have been more wrong. The hotel has a little bit out of the way which wasn't a problem as the bus stopped outside, upon check-in we were greeted nicely and looked after well. We figured we would try the restaurant on our first night and I've honestly never had a better table service outside of a 5 star hotel. Friendly, courteous and exceptionally professional on top of done of the best grilled beef I've ever had! The cleaning staff were very polite and helpful and all the way up to check out I was very happy with everything, will be definitely come back to this hotel whenever I visit this area of Italy and will definitely recommend to friends

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Direzione_AC_Ge, General Manager at AC Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Thank you from all our staff! When we read a review like this it's a great satisfaction.
We hope to have you and your friends soon here to serve as besta as we can.
Best regards
laura Gazzolo

Reviewed 8 May 2018

When the cab driver tells you that the hotel is not good, you know you have a problem. It is not in a good location, very far from even a restaurant, so you must eat at the hotel, or buy a sandwich at the grocery next door. I am platinum Marriott and they gave us a terrible room that was very hot. We called for air conditioning and they said they don't have any in April in Italy.NOT TRUE! But then they moved us to the "cooler" side of the hotel to a suite I should have been give a suite to begin with because of my platinum status. It was a LOT of trouble to move everything as we had already unpacked. I do not understand why a desk clerk acts like they are giving away the crown jewels to upgrade someone who has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars at Marriott hotels. I will give credit to one lady that helped us get a bus ticket to Nice. The trains were in strike in France and I could not get a train, but this one lady was great in helping with the ticket On the other hand, the hotel has FAILED to give me credit in my Marriott account for the money I spent to stay there They did manage to charge my credit card though. This was only the second time I have ever stayed in an AC hotel I will NEVER stay in one again anywhere.

Room tip: No good rooms, the location is terrible.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Direzione_AC_Ge, General Manager at AC Hotel Genova, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Dear Madam,
I apologize if the stay was not as you expected,
I remember very well of you!
It was me that I suggested how to get tickets for Nice, we spoke for a while and unfortunately I didn't understand you were having an un pleasant stay.
My staff explained to you why we couldn't give you our family room first, because of your 3 days stay and we had to move a family in another room after your complaint for the temperature.
We usually switch on air-conditioning according to all the others hotel in Genoa, so probably We didn't explain well.
We checked about the credit on your account and it was correct, we gave extra points and the gift too.
For the location, I'm really sorry you expected other location but as indicated on our web site and google we are not properly in the centre.
If I can give another suggestion when you travel in Italy, if you really trust on the opinion of cab driver, probably it's better change hotel immediately to avoid unsatisfaction and very bad review.

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel is clean and quiet and Jessica from the reception was extremely kind and she is very well informed on the surounding area and everything you can visit and what means of transportation to take. One of her younger male colleagues though treated us a bit weird and he recommended us some rubish restaurants , he wasnt very prepared for tourists. Overall we had a good stay and the hotel is well connected for transportation: there is a train station at a 15 min walk away called Genova Quarto where from you can easily take the train towards 5 Terre or La Spezia.(aprox 1.5 hours train ride to La Spezia and 30 min to Portofino (santa margherita). The bus next to the hotel takes you to Genova City centre (Genova Brignole station) in 15 minutes.

Date of stay: May 2018