All reviewsvia balbiquiet hotelrooms are cleanprincipe stationstay there againold townminute walkshort stayexcellent hotelbalconytrainbathroomportcerealcitymattressgarage
Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

I read the reviews below ... I had a nice experience. Room was clean, staff gave me double towels, very fluffy ;)
Wifi worked well in room. Cheap but great place to spend the night if you are looking for no frills, bathroom was updated, had big window which was nice :) plenty of heat and blankets. Staff was pleasant.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2015

The hotel has a good location, helpful staff (they even let us chose our room, very nice of them.. so we had the room with a great view!:), it's quiet and has free wi-fi. But the parking costs too much 30€ for 2 nights.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2015

Kind personal, nice hotel, good services, good location, near to the port and center of Genoa!! Two bathroom in the accomodation for 4 people. Great stay.
Difficult to find, hard mattress.

I recomend.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank lucynda1
Reviewed 7 June 2015

I have just come back from a great trip to Genoa. I chose this hotel because of the good reviews and wasn't disappointed. The situation is great for the station, just 5 minutes walk away, but is not affected by any noise etc. And, surprisingly for somewhere so near the station, the surroundings were good, safe and pleasant.
We had asked for a room on the top floor and it was all we hoped for and more. Lovely balcony and views over the rooftops to the harbour. A really good size room with plenty of room and, what was even better, a large bathroom with plenty of room and places to store your bits and pieces. OK the hotel is not tarted up and 'boutique' but all the better for it. There's a nice retro feel to it and I loved the Turkish rugs everywhere. The breakfast was fine, all the usual cereals, rolls, cake and pastries, etc plus a bonus of lots of fresh fruit, strawberries, apricots, bananas and so on. A lovely touch not found in many more expensive hotels. The staff we found really helpful, especially the lady on reception whose name I didn't get, who was always happy to help us out with a corkscrew (for a glass of wine on that lovely balcony) and glasses. Usually we have to buy a corkscrew wherever we go and leave it behind as we only take hand luggage.
As for Genoa, it was a lovely place. We were lucky enough to be there for the tail end of the Rolli days where you can visit the palaces for free which was a bonus. We also took the train to Portofino, well worth it and not as posey as I thought it would be. A really lovely picturesque harbour. We also went to Camogli, which was also lovely and more of a working place. We found the train travel easy and straight forward and really cheap.
We didn't come across any dubious parts of Genoa, and we did walk around a lot in the evening. I am used to travelling in many cities around Europe and I would say I felt safe and sound in Genoa, more than I have in some other more well known places. Do not be put off by any comments you may read, Genoa is just like any other city. Act sensibly and all will be OK.

Room Tip: go for the top floor if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BarbaraNLondon
agnellodoro, Responsabile reception at Hotel Agnello D'Oro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your nice review!. We are really grateful for your comments, which are an encouragement for us to continue in the right direction to meet the expectations of our guests. For us and for other future guests your review is very important and helpful. We hope to see you again soon at Hotel Agnello D'oro. Tiziana.

Reviewed 3 May 2015

If you are arriving on the train, this place is less than a 5 minute walk from the station. There's a big sign showing where you turn, and it's very easy to find the first time. There are lots of restaurants nearby. I understand there's a laundry place nearby but I didn't use it, so I can't say from personal experience.

I found the area to be a little less than pleasing. Lots and lots of graffiti on the buildings on Via Balbi, and to me it wasn't a great feeling. There were lots of women walking around there in the evenings, so it was OK. Just not great. In fairness, I generally found Genoa to be the least pleasing city that I went to in Italy, so maybe it was the city and not the area that I really didn't like.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had some particular travel issues that I had to resolve. They went out of their way to help me, and showed a personal interest in making sure that everything was taken care of.

My room was just OK. Clean but very plain - not particularly welcoming. I've read a lot of the other reviews here, and they talked about how nice their rooms were. So there must be some variation.

This is a good hotel for someone who is cost conscious, and wants to be near the train station.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo