All reviews train station sister hotel modern lift old style piazza principe first floor via balbi minute walk main station travelling by train convenient location lovely hotel nice bathroom grand hotel savoia old city executive room great room
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a real gem in a central location, fantastic value for money. Room and bathroom are huge. Large wall mounted TV. Smeg fridge in room. Great toiletries and slippers. Towels and bedding changed daily. Just across the square from the train station. Breakfast had so many choices. Staff very professional and pleasant. Shares facilities with hotel next door which has a beautiful downstairs bar as well as a roof top bar for great views across the City. Only problem I encountered was internet connection in an evening was slow, but not really an issue for us.
Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Let’s start from the fact that it’s right next to the central train station. It made it so convenient just to have a two minute stroll to it Once we got there we were informed that we got upgraded and will be staying at their sister property Hotel Savoy, which was right next-door . What a stunning property. It is a very old hotel That they very much took good care of . So grand and unique, had so much history to it, and even if the main downstairs was like a museum , the rooms were quiet updated with a Tuscan design , so beautiful. Great breakfast and roof top jacuzzi did not hurt either. Highly recommend this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I liked the traditional atmosphere of this hotel and a beautiful historic elevator (it may be noisy in the morning, but this does not diminish its beauty). The room was huge for single use (would easily accomodate 3), and very clean, with comfortable beds. Hotel Continental is very conveniently located, just a fews steps away from the main station, and 15 min walk from the Aquarium or cathedral. The breakfast was nice and the service very good and friendly. Both restaurants serve very good food... I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Iwona C
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Stayed for 3 nights for a city break. I wanted a hotel near the old town and convenient for transport links and the hotel certainly ticked both of those boxes.

I was able to check in early, which was very much appreciated after the chaos of the bus transfer from the airport. The room was small but pristine with a comfortable (but very firm) bed and very good shower - my main criteria for a city break hotel. The tea and coffee making facilities and the bottle of water were added bonuses and I loved the mini hot air balloons in the corner of the room!

Breakfast was fairly standard in terms of choice for a European hotel, but extremely good quality and it was great to try the focaccia.

If that was all, I would have given the hotel 4 stars.

But there was building work going on in reception for the last 24 hours that I was there and it significantly impacted my enjoyment. The reception area became unusable and customers had to use the reception area of the sister hotel and walk through. More inconveniently, I wanted to go back to the room to rest during the hottest part of the day but the noise from the building work meant that this was impossible, and actually I ended up having to check out earlier than planned on the last day because the noise was unbearable.

I would use the hotel again... but not until the building work is finished.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We chose this hotel because we wanted a good hotel in the city centre for an overnight stop before flying home the following morning. It's well situated, a very short walk from Piazza Principe Station, on a direct line from our coastal resort. The room was spacious and well equipped - accessed by a period lift with sliding gates. You could have imagined Poirot emerging therefrom. The breakfast was good and the meal the previous evening was served outside by friendly and efficient staff. And then just a 15 minute taxi ride to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple