All reviews brignole station cage elevator breakfast room stayed in this hotel for nights nice hotel small room favorite hotel side street room number salami old world charm short break nice bathroom public areas hotel staff narrow streets airport bus
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

The location of the hotel is excellent and the building especially inside charming and elegant. The breakfast was the highlight of the stay, rich and varied, good quality. The only downside was the staff at reception, not particularly polite when we checked in, they also don't provide you with any city maps/ useful info, this could be improved. Overall a pleasant stay.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 22 July 2017

The hotel is only 2 minutes by walk from the railway station Brignole. Even hotel is 3 star but for me was same as 4 star hotels. The staff was very helpful and kind. The room was clean and in a very good condition. Breakfast-open buffet per person is only 4 euro,and worth more than it.If I travel again Genoa, definetely will choose this hotel again. Recommended to everyone!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Reception were unwelcoming and provided incorrect information to us on arrival and then blamed us for the miscommunication. Breakfast staff were argumentative over a room number. It was really just ridiculous and I couldn't wait to leave.

Rooms were fine.

Not up to standard expected with Best Western.

Would not recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ShariiBarbie
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel is situated on the edge of the old city centre and close to the train station which can be quite convenient. The lobby and bar area are rather small. As long as there aren't more than 5-10 people it is ok. The ambiance of the hotel is quite nice, old elevator in the staircase and breakfast room on the 1st floor has a nice interior. The breakfast itself is ok but nothing special. Service is good and they make good espresso's. The room i had was on the third floor and was quite small. It is not possible to leave AC on (due to power-acces with keycard only). That way the room was very very hot when you wanted to sleep, the AC is very noisy so i always try to keep AC on during the day, when i am absent, and turn it off when i go to sleep. This was unfortunately impossible. Room cleanliness was very good and the mini-bar was free of charged and had a couple of bottles water in it. And some sweets and snacks. Look out of the window was in a city-corridor like space, not appealing. The bathroom was very unhandy, the toilet was situated right next tot the sink and you could not sit at it. Maybe a gnome can but i could not. Wi-Fi is free and available everywhere, speed and both connectivity was adequate.

Room tip: Not my room...(3rd floor)
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MaxPeen
Reviewed 2 July 2017

A client booked the hotel as we were only staying one night. The hotel is fine for a short stay and very central. However, for some unknown reason they wouldn't let us have two keys to the room! We had to make do with just one which was an inconvenience for us as my husband was seeing various biz associates and I was seeing other biz associates. So it meant that I had to leave the key on reception for my husband who was arriving back later than myself and get someone to open the room so I could work and get ready for bed before he arrived back. We were told it wasn't the hotel policy to issue two keys!!! Never have I experienced this before. All very strange

Date of stay: June 2017