“Perfect habour setting for an excellent meal.”
Review of Il Brigantino

Il Brigantino
Ranked #1,001 of 2,094 Restaurants in Genoa
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 47
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Brew Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2015

The restaurant is set right in the habour of Genoa. The staff were super attentive and helpful. They went through the menue with us when there we things we could not translate. The portions were large, well cooked and well presented. The bill was very much less than one would expect to pay in that type of setting with that quality of food.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Make sure you know what you're ordering! The menu is not in English and the workers didn't know much English either. I ordered a pasta dish with that the waitress said had mixed fish in it, when the dish came it had sardines, which I don't like. I ended up just eating the bread, which was good! My mom got the trofie with pesto which was good too!

Reviewed 1 June 2015

Very nice little restaurant in the heart of Marina.
Absolutely good food and wine.
Very good service and super friendly personnel.
Well... the view !!!

Reviewed 31 May 2015 via mobile

Amazing food, even that we arrived late, still they offered us food knowing that the kitchen was about to be closed. The seafood and the pasta where delicious, the crostata con fruito di bosco Was perfect. Love it, love the hospitality and the limoncello was on the house.

1  Thank Rola W
Reviewed 23 April 2015

I recently had lunch at Il Brigantino, which is conveniently located next to my hotel, NH Marina. This restaurant, like many in Italy, offer a special daily menu during the lunch hour, with reasonable prices. While the weather wasn't sunny, I ate outdoors. Dining is very casual. Tables were set with paper placemats, napkins and packaged utensils. The service was friendly and accommodating. As the lunch hour progressed, more and more customers appeared. Some were business people while others were day laborers working in the port. Menus were written on chalkboards that were passed around from table to table.

To start, I had Penne pasta with a seafood ragu. The dish was served hot and rather quickly, however, eating outside with a breeze blowing chilled the pasta rapidly. The pasta was tasty, having mussels, squid and shrimp in a tomato sauce. I follow this with stuffed calamari (squid) served in a light tomato sauce. The calamari were tender and the filling was flavorful.

The price for my above meal was 22.00 euro, plus I had a glass of wine and a digestivo. I imagine Il Brigantino would be very popular during the summer months and on warm weather days. All things considered, there is nothing that would entice me back for another meal at Il Brigantino as Genova is filled with good restaurants.