MarinaPlace Resort
Hotel Nologo(Genoa)(Great Value!)
US$ 279
getaroom.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsgenoa airportmarina view roomhotel restaurantan early flightshower areamarina areabeautiful hotelnice bathroomclean roomscitytubeuros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2011

I was lucky enough to have this place recommended for my stay in Genoa. It was a quick ride from the airport and soon I was surrounded with an outstanding view of mountains, ocean, and marina full of luxurious yachts. I was impressed with how well the staff spoke English and were accommodating of my early arrival. The lobby had a sleek modern feel which was echoed by the hotel rooms themselves. I was surprised with how large the rooms were given my previous experiences with hotels in Europe, in truth the rooms were large even for American standards. I was able to see a couple of different rooms during my stay here and have to say each room has it's own unique feel - no room is exactly alike! Some had their own private balconies while others had hot tubs or even a steam room. There was a world class restaraunt with outstanding presentation that was only surpassed by the unique tastes it had to offer. Down the road were pizzarias and a strip of bars/clubs that made going out close to home. A must stay for anyone spending time in Genoa.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed for 5 nights and I would definitely stay again. My room was absolutely amazing with a view of the port and the mountains from my windows, but my HUGE balcony faced east, west and south so I was able to see the ocean, mountains and city. Great size room for a European hotel and it was very clean. I had room service for lunch one day and the staff set up my table outside on my patio so I could enjoy the scenery with my meal. The staff was extremely helpful and able to answer any question I had about Genoa from food to transportation. Yes, it's close to the airport, but you barely notice it. I slept every night with my windows open and it was completely silent except the sound of the ocean and breeze.

Things that could be better -
Provide an iron for every guest in the room. I was able to get one from the front desk, but it had to be returned shortly for other guests.
It isn't close to the center of Genoa so expect a 25 euro taxi ride. However, it is nice to be away from the noise when you want to relax.

Things I loved -
View - stunning views of the city,mountains, world-class yachts, and nature. You are literally right on the ocean.
My room - Elegantly designed and clean rooms. My private balcony was the best place to enjoy an evening of wine with friends. Each room is different too.
Food - the restaurant at the resort is world-class!
Cafe - there's also a small cafe with drinks and your morning espresso.
Gym - If you want to work out, the small yet functional gym has everything you need or slip on your shoes and go for a run along the port.
Service - The restaurant, front desk, cafe and housekeeping staff were always friendly.

I recommend this place to anyone traveling through Genoa that wants to relax and get away from the crowds of the city in the evening.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor with the large balcony - may be pricier, but definitely worth it for privacy, space and view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I had a chance to stay here for 4 nights while being in Genoa. It has a great location being next to the airport (which runs very few flights a day) and right on the harbor. The area surrounding the hotel is currently being designed with places to eat, shop and catch a drink right on the docks. It is clearly the right place to stay versus the downtown area which tends to be older and you don't get as nice as rooms. The rooms here are completely modern with a spa like feel. Their in-house restaurant is probably some of the best in the whole city. Might have been the best in my trip to Italy actually. Transportation is good here as well with free parking and a bus service to the main train terminal just steps from the front doors.

Make sure you make this your stay when visiting Genoa.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are modern and nice.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt C
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We had our wedding reception at the MarinaPlace Resort, and it was ever so amazing! We had 21 people total, the food was amazing-- a 13 course meal! Every course was unique and delicious, something I have never had, and something I will probably never have the pleasure of eating again! Great presentation! The service was fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything else! The chef himself even came out to explain most of the dishes.The ambiance was romantic, with great views on the dock right on the sea!

All of our guests were amazed and delighted. The hotel rooms were all unique and well kept, a true luxury. My husband and I stayed on a yacht (Boat & Breakfast) the night of the wedding, which was truly a unique experience-- once in a life time thing! The second night we stayed in the hotel which was excellent! A jacuzzi and steam room in the bathroom, and fully stocked with all the toiletries you could possibly need-- the bath robes and slippers were a treat! The staff was helpful and accommodated our every need. Great management, great service. I can't say one bad word about our experience at MarinaPlace.

Room Tip: If you're into steam rooms or jacuzzis, ask for a room with one (or both) of these :)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I stayed in this hotel for three nights. The room had a view of the marina and the shipping service area of the port. What is impressive is that although it is in a noisy industrial area (next to the airport and a shipping yard) once you close those huge windows, it's magically quiet... the bathroom is fantastic,and the bed is high and comfortable! The staff helps you when you need something and are very friendly. One thing that needs improvement is the breakfast, it needs better variety and quality to match the accomodation level. Parking is totally free and easy. It is fairly hard to locate, but if you have gps there is no problem.

• Stayed: August 2010