“Decadent dining, outstanding staff, and wonderful rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of MarinaPlace Resort

MarinaPlace Resort
Ranked #17 of 90 Hotels in Genoa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Decadent dining, outstanding staff, and wonderful rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

We stayed 3 lovely nights at the MarinaPlace in September. The hotel exceeded our expectations!
OUTSTANDING STAFF: Upon arrival the check in was simple (English was excellent) and the staff was incredibly welcoming! Throughout our entire stay the staff was extremely accommodating even for the smallest requests (e.g. extra towels, writing utensils, a flip chart, etc.). It is quite apparent hotel management holds a high regard for quality staff and only hires the best.
WORLD CLASS DINING: The dining at MarinaPlace was more than exceptional. Each course was unique and tantalizing – scallops with oyster leaf, borage ravioli in walnut sauce, slowly roasted suckling pig – WOW! Some of the best food I have ever experienced. The chef and staff are truly talented and worthy of much applause.
WONDERFUL ROOMS: The room was wonderful – large, modern, clean, clean, clean and very comfortable indeed. Our view overlooked the Marina with mountains in the backdrop – gorgeous! I really appreciated the architectural design of the rooms as they were designed to let in natural light – even in the shower area ‘ )
Comments on location: The MarinaPlace was conveniently located near to the airport (but you don’t notice the planes as the airport is very tiny with few flights), basic necessities are nearby in small shops (liquor, convenience store, ATM, etc.), and there are even a few small restaurants and bars that were very nice as well.
We had a wonderful stay and look forward to our return!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I was lucky enough to have this place recommended for my stay in Genoa. It was a quick ride from the airport and soon I was surrounded with an outstanding view of mountains, ocean, and marina full of luxurious yachts. I was impressed with how well the staff spoke English and were accommodating of my early arrival. The lobby had a sleek modern feel which was echoed by the hotel rooms themselves. I was surprised with how large the rooms were given my previous experiences with hotels in Europe, in truth the rooms were large even for American standards. I was able to see a couple of different rooms during my stay here and have to say each room has it's own unique feel - no room is exactly alike! Some had their own private balconies while others had hot tubs or even a steam room. There was a world class restaraunt with outstanding presentation that was only surpassed by the unique tastes it had to offer. Down the road were pizzarias and a strip of bars/clubs that made going out close to home. A must stay for anyone spending time in Genoa.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2011

I stayed for 5 nights and I would definitely stay again. My room was absolutely amazing with a view of the port and the mountains from my windows, but my HUGE balcony faced east, west and south so I was able to see the ocean, mountains and city. Great size room for a European hotel and it was very clean. I had room service for lunch one day and the staff set up my table outside on my patio so I could enjoy the scenery with my meal. The staff was extremely helpful and able to answer any question I had about Genoa from food to transportation. Yes, it's close to the airport, but you barely notice it. I slept every night with my windows open and it was completely silent except the sound of the ocean and breeze.

Things that could be better -
Provide an iron for every guest in the room. I was able to get one from the front desk, but it had to be returned shortly for other guests.
It isn't close to the center of Genoa so expect a 25 euro taxi ride. However, it is nice to be away from the noise when you want to relax.

Things I loved -
View - stunning views of the city,mountains, world-class yachts, and nature. You are literally right on the ocean.
My room - Elegantly designed and clean rooms. My private balcony was the best place to enjoy an evening of wine with friends. Each room is different too.
Food - the restaurant at the resort is world-class!
Cafe - there's also a small cafe with drinks and your morning espresso.
Gym - If you want to work out, the small yet functional gym has everything you need or slip on your shoes and go for a run along the port.
Service - The restaurant, front desk, cafe and housekeeping staff were always friendly.

I recommend this place to anyone traveling through Genoa that wants to relax and get away from the crowds of the city in the evening.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor with the large balcony - may be pricier, but definitely worth it for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I had a chance to stay here for 4 nights while being in Genoa. It has a great location being next to the airport (which runs very few flights a day) and right on the harbor. The area surrounding the hotel is currently being designed with places to eat, shop and catch a drink right on the docks. It is clearly the right place to stay versus the downtown area which tends to be older and you don't get as nice as rooms. The rooms here are completely modern with a spa like feel. Their in-house restaurant is probably some of the best in the whole city. Might have been the best in my trip to Italy actually. Transportation is good here as well with free parking and a bus service to the main train terminal just steps from the front doors.

Make sure you make this your stay when visiting Genoa.

Room Tip: All the rooms here are modern and nice.
1 Thank Matt C
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We had our wedding reception at the MarinaPlace Resort, and it was ever so amazing! We had 21 people total, the food was amazing-- a 13 course meal! Every course was unique and delicious, something I have never had, and something I will probably never have the pleasure of eating again! Great presentation! The service was fantastic, couldn't have asked for anything else! The chef himself even came out to explain most of the dishes.The ambiance was romantic, with great views on the dock right on the sea!

All of our guests were amazed and delighted. The hotel rooms were all unique and well kept, a true luxury. My husband and I stayed on a yacht (Boat & Breakfast) the night of the wedding, which was truly a unique experience-- once in a life time thing! The second night we stayed in the hotel which was excellent! A jacuzzi and steam room in the bathroom, and fully stocked with all the toiletries you could possibly need-- the bath robes and slippers were a treat! The staff was helpful and accommodated our every need. Great management, great service. I can't say one bad word about our experience at MarinaPlace.

Room Tip: If you're into steam rooms or jacuzzis, ask for a room with one (or both) of these :)