“I was delighted with what Edi found for me!”
Review of Affittacamere Edi

Affittacamere Edi
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Riomaggiore
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Booked the first night at a pleasant B&B I found online, but on the advice of a traveller I met asked at Edi for what was available. The lady was wonderful and showed me pictures online of a room, with a fabulous water view at a great price. It was very roomy, equipped and located perfectly for what I was after all for a priced you'd expect to pay in a hostel. Very very happy!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo

Reviewed 13 October 2011

Edi's room on the main street was just right for us. It was up about 5 flights of stairs, but we got used to it pretty fast and the exercise helped considering the food we ate! The room was very clean, had a great little deck that overlooked the harbor and village. There's a laundromat next to Edi's, which although a little expensive, was very helpful as we needed clean clothes at that point of our trip. Hanging clothes on the little clothesline was entertaining! Our room was 80 euros and seemed a reasonable deal for the view etc, but I think I would negotiate if I was to return, especially if staying more than a couple of nights. Riomaggiore was a lot of fun after hours.

Room Tip: Ask Edi to forward photographs of proposed rooms to help you make a decision. Everyone in Riomaggior...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 October 2011

The most unexpected stay, was in Riomaggiore. I asked for a room for a couple of days, and I got a BEAUTIFUL apt. with a full kitchen & terrace, 2-bedrooms, Huge bath-room. Looking out every window, a sea-view. Thank you, so much for best stay ever for 70 euro's a night!

Room Tip: check with the locals for rooms
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Make no mistakes this room is a basic studio and up some very steep stairs. However Im assuming that like us, you arent going to the Cinque Terre without being realistic about how much hiking, climbing and outdoor activities you will be doing. I promise you that Im not particularly fit and that even after combatting the toughest leg of the hike between the towns (Vernazza to Monterossa) I could still muster up the energy to climb the three flights of stairs to our apartment.
Its major advantages are that its right in the centre of town and has a lovely view of the sea from the window.
We actually chose to shop for freshly made pasta and pesto and buy local wine at one of the grocery stores and make our own dinner in the kitchenette then push the table under the window and eat whilst watching the sun set. It was very romantic!
When you arrive at the train station, the town is back down the train tunnel in a pedestrian tunnel, I would advise taking your bags through here to the bottom of the hill that the main street of the town winds up. If you are in a duo i would advise leaving one person with the bags at the base of the main street and the other hiking up to the check in point for the Apartments Edi, once you have your key and the nice lady who runs the apartments checks you in then go and grab your bags and travelling companion and go the short distance up the hill (the check in place is far higher up the hill than Studio Ginestra is, save your energy where possible!).
We used the local trains to also go all the way to Santa Margherita and then take a bus to Portofino, would highly recommend this as a day trip! We got to Portofino by 9am and were able to watch all the luxury yachts and their passengers disembarking.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JoMcElvenny
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I had to contact all of the places in Riomaggiore by eMail. There aren't any big fancy websites with reservation services. I contacted Edi and they had prompt responses and professional. The entire Cinque Terre region was our favorite part of our Italy trip. We visited Milan, Venice, Rome, Pisa and Cinque Terre. I highly recommend it here. It is like going back in time to a more simple time. The hikes are amazing and the vistas are breathtaking.

They had small apartments which was perfect for what I needed. Our apartment was in the marina of Riomaggiore. It had windows that over looked the water and everything that was happening. We were able to watch the sunset from our room, amazing. I absolutely loved the place. It had a kitchen so we could cook our own meals with fresh vegetables from the local market.

Keep in mind to ask anyone who you are thinking of renting from in Cique Terre how many stairs are required to get into your room. It wasn't a problem but I know some of the places were like 40-60 stairs. Yikes.

I noticed a billing error when I got home to the states. I eMailed Edi and the credit card was credited within 2 days. Great service even when giving me money back. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank adamccz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riomaggiore
0.4 km away
0.3 km away
Locanda dalla Compagnia
Locanda dalla Compagnia
#11 of 11 in Riomaggiore

Been to Affittacamere Edi? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK