“Amazing Ocean View and Best Free Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Pasquale

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Monterosso al Mare
Hotel Pasquale
Boston
“Amazing Ocean View and Best Free Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here for 3 days on our recent trip to Italy. Were very pleased with this hotel. It had a modern feel to it, small rooms, but have everything you need, including satellite tv that allows you to access programs in English. As others have mentioned the breakfast was amazing, Couldn't believe some folks didn't eat the fresh baked croissants. Also made myself a fruit, granola, and yogurt parfait. Only small complaint is that wifi wasn't complimentary but you can buy it for as little as 30 mins fro 2 euros, or for longer periods as well. Yes there is some construction going on in the town, and right in front of the hotel, but did not find it to be too much of an issue. Loved the beautiful view from the room and hearing the waves crash as we feel asleep.

Train station is a quick walk, as well as the access point to the main trail. One day some trails were closed, but they were open other days. Hotel staff was able to tell us which ones were open on which days.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jerrica27
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Korean first
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

This was a treat for my niece and I.
The location is great. The view from our room on the third floor was memorable.
We woke up in the morning to the scent of fresh croissants. The breasfast and the coffee were appreciated. The croissants were delicious!
The room and the bathroom were clean and nicely decorated. There is an elevator which is quite practical .
We really loved our stay at this place. It's close to the beach, close to the restaurants. Il's easy to get to from the train station.

Room Tip: The higher the better for the wiew
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Marielisediane
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

This would have to be one of the nicest small hotels at which I have stayed. Apart from the website booking issue (it kept failing just at the payment stage, but I ended up faxing the form and this worked ok), the stay was perfect.
My room (14) looked as if it was brand new. Bathroom spotless. The room itself is small (just room for a double bed, corner wardrobe and small desk and chair) but fine for a short stay. I'm not sure that I'd want to spend a wet week there, although the hotel does have a small reading room (with guest computer) so one could use that also.
Plenty of TV channels in the room, including SKY with multilanguage support, so nice to be able to watch a drama or comedy in english! WIth such a fabulous view from the room, not much need for TV anyway.
Breakfast was one of the best I've had in Italy. Plenty of cereal choice, plus bread, focaccia and pastry. Fresh and tinned fruit and yoghurt. As well, at no extra cost the host will cook scrambled or fried eggs or a ham/cheese omelette on request. Coffee, Cappucino,etc all made to request. I'm sure that he is run off his feet when it gets busy!
I slept with the window open, and did not notice the train noise, although I had walked 15km over the hiils so probably would have slept through anything. Reading the last review, I did not notice any construction, although I was there for a Saturday night.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach, and an upper floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Andrew_NZ120
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

I stayed in Hotel Pasquale for 2 nights in March 2012. It is a very short walk from the train station. It was very clean and the hotel staff was helpful. Breakfast was included in my stay and the food was delicious - fresh fruit, toast, meats, cheeses and pastries each morning. I had a great view from my room overlooking the beach. If I go back to Cinque Terre, I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

Let me start my review by saying I am very easy to please. All my reviews here have been positive so far. This will not be the case.

I'll start with the goods: The hotel has good views and our room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was the best we had in Italy (the croissants are amazing). Otherwise, I had a bad experience.

It's surprising that recent reviewers have failed to mention the construction going on right in front of the hotel. Maybe the construction just started. There was a flood in Cinque Terre last October which heavily impacted Monterosso. I was not happy about it and wished I had researched it earlier but it was completely understandable. I asked the manager when the construction would stop. He said around 10 p.m.....the construction was still going on at 1 a.m. I am a deep sleeper so this didn't affect me but I was shocked by the lack of knowledge or disingenuity. I would recommend staying away from the hotel at least until the construction is complete.

We were visiting Riomaggiore and had to either check out and take our bags or leave the bags at the hotel. The former option was preferable since that would allow us to spend 2 more hours there. I asked the manager if Riomaggiore had luggage lockers. He said "I believe so" with not much confidence. I asked if he could call someone to check but he just kept repeating "I believe so." We took our chances and of course, Riomaggiore did not have luggage lockers. It's partially my fault for not doing enough research, but isn't the hotel supposed to help you with such questions?

To be fair, I think the hotel would be a good place to stay without the construction and without such an unpleasant experience. If you do decide to stay here, at least ask about the construction. My personal recommendation is to stay at Manarola, which is very pretty and has an old town charm to it.

Hiking: I didn't get to hike this time. Be aware that the trail from Monterosso to Vernazza is currently inaccessible due to the flood. Nonetheless, I would strongly recommend hiking in Cinque Terre. I hiked here 4 years ago and it was one of the most beautiful and enjoyable hikes of my life.

Restaurant: I would highly recommend Marina Piccola, which is in Manarola. It was the best food I had in my visit to Italy. It is located by the ocean and the atmosphere is fantastic.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
0.6 km away
Hotel La Spiaggia
Hotel La Spiaggia
#7 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare

Been to Hotel Pasquale? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK