“Best Cinque Terre Attraction 5 stars!”

Angelo's Boat Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We’ll depart from the harbor in Monterosso and begin our tour by cruising along the coast of the Cinque Terre. We’ll enjoy an Italian aperitivo onboard while getting to know one another and learning about the history of the area. Weather permitting, we’ll stop along the way in one of the pristine coves that only a small boat can enter for a swim in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean. For Lunch Tours (€135 per person): We’ll stop for lunch at one of the area’s best family-run restaurants. Here we’ll enjoy a gourmet seafood lunch (alternatives available!) – be prepared for a feast. After lunch, we’ll begin the return trip to Monterosso. Weather permitting we'll stop for more swimming; if not, we'll stop in Vernazza for a gelato. The hotter it is, the more time we like to spend swimming! For Sunset Tours (€85 per person): We’ll stop for fresh tapas at one of the area’s best family-run restaurants. After tapas, we'll begin the return trip to Monterosso.
Eugene, OR
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Best Cinque Terre Attraction 5 stars!”
Reviewed 2 October 2008

My family went to the Cinque Terre last summer and were immediately struck by its charm and pristine clear waters. We were in Europe for 24 days and stayed in the Cinque Terre for 7. By far, the highlight of my 24 days was our trip with Angelo's Boat Tours.

We shared our time with my three family members, and a very nice Australian couple. We began with a little fishing as we toured the five cities from the water. Angelo's brother in law translated for him as he gave us interesting bits of information about each city, and the nude beach which we watched through Angelo's binoculars. Haha great memories. I digress ... after the short tour of the five cities, we headed back to the harbor to pick up Angelo's wife.

We were treated to a homemade lunch of sward fish, grilled calamari, and the most memorable rice salad I have ever eaten. Angelo's wife is an American and speaks for herself and Angelo. A delightful couple.

I have never had an experience like that in my life. We parked in a very private cove, ate, drank, and shared stories. I have never felt so at home with total strangers. We laughed, cried, and exchanged email addresses. I plan to go back as soon as my wallet will allow. This was the most fun I have had in my European travels and would 100% recommend it to anyone.

7 Thank UODUCKS198
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
North Andover, MA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best boat trip in Cinque Terre”
Reviewed 9 July 2008

Our favorite family activity on our recent (July 1, 2008) trip to Cinque Terre, Italy was a wonderful snorkeling,lunch tour on Angelo Benevenuto's boat in Monterosso, Italy. Angelo is a local fisherman who captain's his own boat with his wonderful American wife Paola. They are very warm and friendly. She is an amazing cook and prepared the most incredible food while Angelo grilled his home cultivated mussels, shrimp and grouper, and even cheeseburgers! The food never ended. We ate olives, humus, cheese, salami, bread, fritatta, roasted onions, pesto salad, bruschetta (pronounced bru-sketta) and fresh fruit. Paola makes everything fresh and has her own garden/orchard. She makes the most delicious marinated anchovies I have ever eaten. These are caught fresh by Angelo. The meal ended with a light Italian cheesecake and homemade Limoncino. We spent a gorgeous afternoon swimming, snorkeling and sailing along the coast of Cinque Terre. Angelo's boat is easy to find as they live in a family home on the harbor where Angelo's boat is docked. Just stroll through the tunnel and look to your right and you will see their seaside home. They also do other types of boat tours including sunset and fishing trips.

20 Thank teachace