All reviews spiral staircase third floor perfect apartment giacomo balconies host sea view
Reviewed 26 June 2016

My sister, niece and I enjoyed two delightful nights at Alberta Casa Vacanze in late May. The property is great for a family or a small group of friends. The location is perfect, perched right on the harbor in Manarola. The views from the two balconies are spectacular! It is just a short walk from the train station. Giacomo arranged to meet us at the apartment and he was waiting for us, just as planned. He was very nice and helpful. Giacomo oriented us to the apartment and gave us some suggestions on good places to eat in town. The apartment is very clean, well maintained, and extremely comfortable. You can't go wrong with Alberta Casa Vacanze as your base as you enjoy the Cinque Terre. I can't wait to return!

Room Tip: This is an apartment - not a hotel. Both of the two bedrooms have balconies and incredible views on the harbor.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2016

Wow, what a place! It started with booking the place with Giacomo advising he would meet us at the train station and show us to the accomodation. He did this and helped with bags. This is 3 levels: kitchen and dining on the first. Sitting area, single bed, bathroom and balcony on level 2. Then main bedroom with balcony (and another single bed) on the third level.
It is positioned at the bottom of Manarola, pretty much on the water. No more than 5-10min walk from Manarola station. I don't think here is a another rival here for position. The views are spectacular. Each after noon spent on the balcony with wine or beer, a few snacks and watch the sun go down.
There was free wifi that had good signal. Plenty of local eateries within 2mins walk as well. Really can't say enough and Giacomo was a very gracious host.
If you are going to this part of the world, stay here. You won't regret it!

Room Tip: Make sure you take a different fish for each journey out. They tend to get jealous. You'll know what I mean when you get there.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faith_and_Me
Reviewed 3 May 2016 via mobile

If for nothing else stay here for the views alone. This place is fantastic, right in the heart of Manarola and just a short walk to everything it has to offer. This place offers everything you would need. Kitchen diner and 2 bedrooms each with its own balcony overlooking the sea. We loved it!! It was also cleaner that some hotels I've stayed in. It was spotless. The host was very helpful and met us right on time and told us all we needed to know about the area, the apartment etc etc. Without a doubt, I would definitely be looking to book this place again for a return visit (I should note this does have a spiral staircase up to the second floor. I don't normally like them myself but It was surprisingly more manageable than others. Anyone with the same "fear" of them as I do will understand)

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank daithi087
Reviewed 30 October 2015

We had a really wonderful stay at Alberta Casa Vacanze in Manarola. The apartment is idyllically positioned overlooking the little harbour and we were welcomed by a breathtaking sunset on our first evening there. Giacomo, the owner, met us at the house as we arrived from the station and showed us around the house. His e-mail communication with us between booking the apartment and the day of arrival was also excellent. The apartment was spotlessly clean and served our needs perfectly for the 4 nights we spent in the Cinque Terre region. I would recommend this self-catering apartment to anyone wanting to spend a few days in Manarola.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cobus C
Reviewed 11 October 2015

We certainly enjoyed our stay at this apartment. The walk into the town was a bit much due to the warm weather and cobble stones but I would do this again. I even think if we asked the property manager to meet us he would have but we didn't know to do this. He did drive us from the upper part of the town to our car when we departed. The apartment is directly on the water front. It was so spectacular to sit outside for our breakfast each morning and for our afternoon wine. The apartment has a washer and a clothes line which was so useful. Small kitchen but adequately furnished for breakfast and lite snacks. Very small spiral staircase. First floor is the kitchen, second floor has 2 twin beds and the only bathroom and the third floor has a queen bed. Both the second and third floor have balconies. Probably not the best to share with several adults since only one bathroom but perfect for a couple with or without children. Definitely would stay here again if in the area. Property manager was great to arrange reservations for us at several restaurants and offer suggestions also.

Room Tip: If traveling by car ask the property manager to meet you at the parking lot and take you to the town.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple