“Great restaurant right in the city center”
Review of Strabacco - CLOSED

Strabacco
Price range: US$ 29 - US$ 63
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2013

Full on grill restaurant were you can enjoy the best Tagliata in Trieste. Cooked slowly on the wood fire to perfection.
(expect some waiting if you order a big pice of meat)
Friendly Santo and Gio told us that the meat comes from a farm in England and in their opinion is the best meat they can find on the market.
You can expect a mix of fusion and typical modern Italian dishes.
Great selection of wine and spirits if you feel like drinking. Lounge music and good service every time.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

What a fantastic restaurant. I had lamb, perfectly cooked, and my wife had the beef which I’m told was amazing. The waiter spoke great English (not surprising given he used to live in London) and they had an English translation menu. Great service, meal for two including wine 80 Euros. Best to make a reservation.

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We had a full dinner menu at this unique place and it was extraordinarily delicious and well presented. The prices are one the higher side for Trieste but very well worth it. The service was excellent in both Italian and English (we spoke both proficiently). Also, the menu was available in Italian and English. Overall an outstanding experience and a gem on its own in Trieste!

1  Thank KlausN237
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I travel to Trieste for business regularly and this time I went there with my wife too. Our reception advised us to visit the place so we went.. From the outside it didn't look special at all but once in.. I couldn't believe it.. it was like when we went to the hills in Tuscany. the place is full of character with wooden floorings and stone walls. We ate very well and Santos and Josh, the owners, were very friendly and helpful. They can both speak English by the way.. and the food.. was great and hearty. we shared a starter and ate a 2 courses meal each. So we were very pleased when the total bill was just over 70 Euros. We had a great evening that really compensated for the terrible weather we found in Italy.

1  Thank Loy365
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I have been to this restuarant twice now on both trips to Trieste (Business) and they have both been of excellant quality. The first time they didn't have a menu, but wasn't a problem, enjoyed the interaction with my awful Italian and his broken but good English.
The second time, the menu was presented and excellent it was, with the restuarant under new management, hence the reason for the menu's.....lol.
I went there for a steak, because they have the best steaks in Italy, well I would bet on that! The ambience, service and food all complimented each other, absolutely great place to eat., oh and the wine is also perfect. This IS a must try restuarant, I will certainly be back for that massive steak, thank you all and see you soon, Ciao amico mio's Barry