“Beer, Beer, Beer & Food”
Review of Mastro Birraio

Mastro Birraio
Ranked #13 of 912 Restaurants in Trieste
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 47
Cuisines: Belgian, Italian, Pub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

This is the establishment one would want on the end of your street. Good beer on Tap (Chimay Triple) as well as others. Menu of Tap beers probably changes weekly if not daily so choice is not a problem. Proprietor is on premise and so is his attention to detail. Good hearty food with Beer compliments. If you want just beer, no problem....If you want food....he will feed you. We had the chicken & potatoes. Another table had a great looking Hamburger. Menu is limited, but, once again it compliments his beers & attention to detail. (Fruit & nuts with the Imperial Stout). Simply awesome!

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We came after our dinner (which we regretted slightly based on what was served at other tables) and spontaneously decided to accompany the international craft beer (picked from a great selection) with a serving of a whiskey-chocolate-mascarpone, which was amazing.
We had a great time in this pub and would certainly return to sample their food menu if we would be staying in the city for longer.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Loved this place. We wanted to one back but ran out of time. The beers are great...diverse, fascinating and interesting, the food great: fresh, tasty, plentiful and the landlord is such a lovely man...welcoming, engaging and great with our rubbish Italian. This place has real character and a real sense of history...loved it.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

Felt like a typical old fashioned English pub with good range of draught beer - about 6 beers on tap. Staff were helpful and had good English. We drank Zanna which is a Trieste brewed beer and Borderline from an Italian microbrewery. Great to find craft beers in Northern Italy.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Food was very poor quality and also not very tasty beer. Very bad choise of restaurant. Do not recommend at all.

3  Thank DC_sk_bb
MaxTLT, Proprietario at Mastro Birraio, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2017

Good evening, I'm the owner and publican of Mastrobirraio. I apologize for any incovenience, but let me an answer.
When I asked you -at the moment of the bill- if all was ok, you answered me YES. So, a little bit of hypocrisy from you.....
So, the evening you dinner in my pub on tap there were 2 local beers from Zanna Beer:
1. POLARIS pils with Polaris hop from Germany, very balsamic and bitter NO TASTY FOR YOU
2. SAVINJA ALE with slovenian hops, malty and bitter ale NO TASTY FOR YOU
Then:
3. Chimay Dorée from Belgium, one of the best trappist abbeys in the world, with a Biere Blanche made with coriander and bitter orange NO TASTY FOR YOU;
4. Chimay Triple the same abbey, triple style from Belgium, well balanced and alcoholic NO TASTY FOR YOU
5. Garlatti.Costa LUPUS Belgian Ale very bitter belgian ale from a regional brewery NO TASTY FOR YOU
6. BBN N.01/26 smoked and bitter saison from a London craft brewery NO TASTY FOR YOU
7. Pizzaport Ponto India Pale Ale from California....IPA....NO TASTY FOR YOU;
8. Kees Lustro Smoked Coffee Porter.... NO TASTY FOR YOU...
And more then 70 craft beers from bottle...
NO TASTY FOR YOU

AND THE FOOD.....WHAT CAN I SAY.... THE ANSWER IS IN YOUR REVIEW....THE FIRST NO GOOD AFTER 280 REVIEW....
Free Range Black Angus from Australia POOR FOOD
Local bacon producer POOR FOOD
Regional Cheese producer POOR FOOD
Natural Bread with no adictives POOR FOOD......NO WORDS FOR YOU.
Of course, it's your opinion, but the reality is that in my pub there is one of the best selection of craft beers in the area, and the food is always first quality.
IT'S NOT MY PUB, THE PROBLEM.
IT'S YOUR OPINION, THE PROBLEM.
The sure thing is that you weren't at the level for my beers and my food, perhaps (or probably) you prefer something like industrial beers....very TASTY.
I will send an email to tripadvisor for cancel your review because it isn't real, and you defamed me, my workers, and my business.