“Not the best....”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2017 via mobile

Food quite bad compared with prices...
There is several places in Trieste which is a better choise. Would try something different tomorrow.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank JensAndreB

Reviewed 30 October 2016

Locals told me this is the place to do for local traditional food. I had mixed boiled meats and enjoyed my meal although they did give me an enormous amount of sauerkraut which I'm not a big fan of. The meat was nice and tender and there was plenty of it. Clearly I misread the vibe and got wine instead of beer. Duh. Seems like it's a favorite with locals and I heard quite a bit of German(?) being spoken there.

Date of visit: October 2016
1  Thank AGourmandTraveler
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Our Airbnb host suggested this restaurant for quality local cuisine. What a find. Loved sitting amongst the locals.
Food great and service you need to find.

Friendly people

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank dfb_au
Reviewed 6 November 2015 via mobile

I am from Trieste, I live abroad and I am a chef and a restaurant owner. I have stopped by to get some take away for dinner as many friends have suggested this place.
I have order a mix boiled pork meat and a portion of cabbages Crauti.
The bill was 15 €. When I got back home I got a sour surprise. There were 1 frankfurter sausage, 1 smoked sausage and a few slices of dry pork. The sausage I saw the lady just took out from a pack and boiled in the water for few minutes.
What a scam, what a ripoff.
Never again here, there are much better places around town.
Shame on you.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank andreasb803
Reviewed 11 October 2015

Other than sitting outside enjoying the sights and sounds of Via San Lazzaro, there is nothing to recommend about this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2015