All reviews design hotel pedestrianised street bigger room very nice hotel practicality mirror shower minibar furniture aperitivo hallway position eur summer
Reviewed 3 May 2017

Starting with the positives, the people at reception and in the bar were extremely nice and helpful. The hotel was clean and it is very well situated right in the centre of town and also within easy walking distance of the station. But apart from that I was honestly disappointed with the hotel. I stayed one night in April when I came to Rimini to run the marathon. I booked in a hurry through Booking.com, which was a mistake because I paid considerably more than I would have done if I had booked through the hotel, which offered a "marathon package" including early breakfast and late check-out at a much lower price than I paid just for the room. When I realised my mistake I called the hotel but they wouldn't make any compromise over the price, and said if I wanted the "marathon package" I would now have to pay an extra 35 euros above the already inflated price I had already paid just for the room. Okay, fair enough, my mistake, and onto the hotel itself. It's futuristic and "designer" which some might appreciate, but i prefer functionality to special effects, and the functionality wasn't great. The lighting "panel" is located by the bed and you need the instruction card which they supply to understand how the lights all work. Aren't simple old-fashioned switches on the wall easier? More importantly, the TV didn't work and the shower was also semi-functional in that it was impossible to get more than tepid water out of it. Not ideal after a marathon! The bathroom was very spacious but no shower cubicle, and it's a verticle, fixed shower, not hand-held, so it's impossible to have a shower without soaking the whole bathroom floor. There was no shower gel, just soap bars or shampoo. The wash basin tap was also "different" from standard design and I found it less convenient to use. The bed was okay, although a bit on the soft side for my tastes.So pros and cons, but possibly more cons than pros.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2016

We booked to celebrate my husband's birthday in June. The hotel room was spacious, clean, modern and the atmosphere was fantastic. We had a fantastic, romantic weekend and the fact that we were so close to the beach made it even more fun!
Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby so perfect also for those who wish to do a spot of shopping. Nightlife is amazing in this area, also the hotel bar is really modern and fab for cocktails and champagne. Strongly recommend it!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Great location for a futuristic hotel. Communal areas great the room was slightly more functional than we were expecting. A special mention for the breakfast which was outstanding. The two staff made a real effort too.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 July 2016

after sleeping in some classic and traditional hotels all over Tuscany and Umbria, we decided to end our trip at the Adriatic coast. Normally we'd choose for Riccione or Fano, but this time we had a go at Duomo Hotel in Rimini as we had made reservations for dinner at Guido's in Miramare with is as close to Rimini as it is to Riccione.

The hotel is located in a narrow street in the historic center: cars are only allowed with a permit which can be acquired by the staff or as we did have the car parked by their valet....

The exterior is beautiful and very modern: curvy brass panels and glas are combined to form a impressive facade, which design deserves imo a wider view.

The bar/lounge/breakfast area sits on the ground floor facing the street and two enormous red doors open up automatically to give you entrance to the reception area.
The counter looks like it just arrived from another planet and makes you wonder how it got there: beautiful.

Friendly staff made us feel welcome and checked us in smoothly and professional.

My room was located on the second floor: good sized, nicely decorated but very modern (I wouldn't bring my parents here) featuring some gadgetry switched which didn't all function as they were supposed to but overall comfortable: good bed, mattress and linnen, desq... there's no minibar: chilled drinks can be bought at a self-service bar near the elevator.
The bathroom is shaped like a cocoon and fitted with expensive Alessi products: in my opinion form over function stuff: smaller fittings would have been more appropriate, but I understand this choice in combination with the shape of the unit.
Annoying however is the fact that when you shower, the rest of the bathroom unavoidably will be wet as there's no cabin or curtain whatsoever. Also the wooden floor undoubtedly seemed a good idea when new but now there's wear and tear and it looks shabby. So does the overall state of the bathroom: cracks and stains should be
repaired once and a while.
Also the integrated wardrobe could do with some adjustment: sliding doors didn't slide and fittings were hanging loose.
Very nice and fluffy towels only partly make up for this.

Breakfast is served downstairs in buffet style and choice is good and food is fresh: space is also cleverly designed planned, staff again very friendly and helpful.
Freshly pressed orange juice always gets a bonus.

In spite of the condition of the bathroom certainly a hotel I'd visit again in the near future... I'll be back end of August.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Lovely rooms, however you can see straight into the bathroom making washing and using the toilet very uncomfortable. I did not like this feature at all.

Myself and a friend booked a 3 day and 2 night break to Italy. We were very excited and hired a car. We knew there was parking available at the hotel for 18 euros a night. As we didn't know where we were going we decided this would be the best option.
When we arrived at the hotel a very nice friendly bar staff took us to the front desk. This is where we met Mateus. Firstly we were talking to him then he rudely picked up the phone mid conversation to us and spoke on the phone and ignored us. When he had finished his chat he decided to finish checking us in. We told him we had a car and he insisted we should park on the street to save money. We felt this was really helpful and took the map he gave us and went on our way. He told us we could park in any blue bay. He neglected to tell us a certain area has a market on Wednesday. So this resulted in our car being towed. When we went back to the hotel to complain, we met two female staff. They were extremely helpful and lovely. They did accept blame for not informing us and gave us a lift to get the car and paid our parking fine. However we still had to pay over 100 euros for the tow charge. The girls also let us stay in the carpark overnight free of charge. Up until this point I felt it was just an unfortunate mistake and was happy with how the girls dealt with us.

Unfortunately we then saw Mateus with a man who introduced himself as the general manager. Mateus tried to blame us. I can understand this as he was probably trying to cover his own behind. But then the GM told us that there are signs stating which car parks you cannot use on Tuesday night but they are all in Italian. He told us we should of learnt Italian. I found this extremely insulting as we had been talking to the staff in Italian and had been making an effort but we are hardly going to become fluent for a 3 day holiday.

After the GM annoyed me, we put the do not disturb sign on the room (as we had lost all trust with the hotel). But when we returned later that night they had removed the sign and been in, placing it back on the inside of the door! We did not want anyone in our room. Sadly I will not be returning and do not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends