See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We booked this hotel recently for our family beach vacation via Booking.com. For us it was the best option for a hotel facing/near the beach, with a decent sized swimming pool, in Rimini city at an affordable price. The hotel looked the most appealing with its classy architecture.

On arrival the hotel looked really classy and was very tidy. Our room turned out to be a 'side' room (not facing the swimming pool or the sea but another hotel....could be expected from a Booking.com offer...). However, fortunately we could upgrade for a reasonable price to a seaside room.

Here are our findings summarized:

positive:
- perfect location, just needed to cross a oneway street to reach the beach, with a nice view
- very tidy/clean hotel! our room was cleaned exceptionally well everyday, inasmuch that we tipped the cleaners!
- the room was relatively noise free (only in the bathroom we could hear the tv from the next room sometimes; people in the hallway could sometimes also be heard, but those were only from neighboring rooms, since our hallway was some sort of a side hallway to the main hallway; street noise was low as well, very helpful 'cause in the high season people stay out in the streets till late at night! also there was no noise from any bar or disco noticable)
- room climate control worked fine and wasn't noisy (could be kept on during the night, which was pleasant with daytime temperatures on average over 35 degrees)
- big shower with rainshower and sliding doors, which kept all splash water neatly inside (in comparison to the bathtubs in many hotels, which often only have a small piece of glass to shield the shower area)
- parking place was handy (at a price, of course, but still handy)
- breakfast was sufficient, supplying all the basics, and on top a whole table with pastries, tarts and cakes
- all personel, except for one (one of the two 'breakfast' ladies avoided us the whole week after my wife accidently let a bottle of water slip while trying to open it, she stayed correct, but wasn't friendly, she also spoke in our opinion too loud in russian with the russian guests) were very friendly, correct and helpful
- the pool is excellent: large enough, deep enough (with shallow part, perfect for smaller children), enough space for and enough pool beds (we could always find two free ones), and clean pool water

negative:
- the bathroom ventilation system was running very slow, damp from showering and smells from toilet use dissapeared slowly
- the toilet water reservoir filled up very slow
- the sink in the bathroom was a bit too big (sticking out), a more sleek version (or two) would give more moving space, allowing more people in the bathroom at the same time

Unfortunately this hotel only serves breakfast. There are however more than enough restaurants in the neighbourhood (we used Tripadvisor, and some high ranked affordable restaurants were nearby (e.g. restaurants 'Carlos', da Lele, the Brasserie, etc.)

Next to all this the beach is perfect, with enough space, beach beds with parasols available at affordable prices, neat and tidy, shallow water, paved paths to make the walk towards the sea and/or the beach beds pleasant (instead of having to walk through 'heavy' and sometimes hot sand).

Room Tip: ask specifically for poolside or seaside rooms/prices
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2017

We had an advance booking on Booking.com for four month for two rooms with breakfast. I got a msg from Booking.com a week before departure telling me my bank card was not valid. I contacted the hotel on phone then I wrote them an e-mail to let them know it was not true. They promised to check it again but have never done anything.
A few days later they cancelled my booking. I called Booking.com for help, their operator was negotiating with the Hotel for more than an hour but they wanted me to make a new booking. I did it and got the same rome at a higher price without beakfast. Upon arrival they refused serving us meal, they confirmed that I haven't done any mistake-, my card was valid but they wanted to provide meal if I pay another extra 320 Euros.
Be careful, they want to squeeze money from their guests. You have to pay for parking, you can pay for sunbeds at the Hotel but it is 50% more expensive here than at the beach. Only one person speaks english here.
During the day a family is living in the lobby, you can meet children at different age working at the reception, sometimes alone. I do not know if it is legal in Italy. The room is not really clean. The furniture is far from four star standard, no space for your belongings, the WIFI is slow-, very slow, There is not any printed information in the room about the place, there are not glasses in the room, the minibar is a fridge with four small bottles of still water, the bedclothes are two sheets and two small pillows for a double room- and nothing extra in the cupboard.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TiborSzaniszlo
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Can't fault the hotel, clean, fresh towels everyday, friendly smiling reception team. I now know why, cause somebody had been in our room found the very well hidden safe key and helped themselves to my debit card details. Weirdly enough they went on a £530 shopping spree in Switzerland. Hotel contacted and not even the courtesy of a reply to my email hence this review. You have been warned.....

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angelo491967
Carmelina G, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2017

Dear Angelo491967, we are sorry for its review but we found (since the keys record guest entries and outings) that there was no sign of recession.
Grateful regards the direction

Reviewed 26 May 2017

The hotel looks live five stars from the outside. But the rooms are not so great, the one I got was the smallest room I've seen, almost no room to move. But the balcony was nice and in general everything was very clean, something I really liked it. Even the swimming pool, all look great. They were VERY strict on my check in, even the hotel was almost empty on low season (no check in until 14:00, not even 20 minutes before). I found that strange but these are the rules. Two things I didn't like were the cleaning times (housekeeping once came into my room at 16:00, and I said obviously that it was too late already. Every other day went from 9:00 am to 15:00 pm). Also, don't even try to put anything into the minibar because they will charge 5 extra euros per day. But I will still rate this as very good because of the cleanliness and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2017

The room is OK, it was clean. Front desk staffs were very friendly. The only thing that I don't like: the whole lobby was full of the liquor smell, I don't know if somebody accidentally broke a liquor bottle?

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple