Hotel Italia
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Ravenna
Reviewed 22 June 2017

Small hotel in of the fringe of the town centre, easy to find. Friendly service and clean modern rooms with decent bathroom.

Very few plug sockets in the room and none accessible at the desk area which meant I had to work in the foyer on my laptop - but the staff were very accommodating about it. Breakfast was fine and the coffee was absolutely delicious. One of the finest Macchiatos I had had (see pic)

Probably not set up for business users like me but would definitely recommend for back-packer / lower budget travellers

Room Tip: On the 4th Floor the windows have shutters that don't open so no views out of the window. (May b...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 July 2016

Traveled by train from Rome to Ravenna. Had booked into Hotel Italia as it was easy walk from train station and was also relatively close to the various mosaic locations.

Hotel is nice basic, with clean rooms and was on side facing the street and was quiet enough that street noise did not keep me awake.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

If average / cheap'n'cheerful is your vibe - this is for you. It's literally 'OK' in every way possible...

check in: ok.
room size: ok.
cleanliness: ok.
linen / bed comfort: ok.
breakfast: ok.

There's a few anomalies:

the coffee is great
the wifi is horrible
the check out is really early....

I wouldn't stay again - I like a bit more comfort/care. But if you're cheap / on a budget then this may be the hotel for you!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2015

We arrived around 19 pm and the first contact the hotel ITALIA. It was rather good location for us.
The women on the reception advised us to drive in two hours and said that may be will be a free room. Called high price like for 3-star hotel. We were unpleasantly surprised, at first, the price, and secondly the lack of the usual practice of check-out hotel rooms at 12 noon. The impression was that the rooms in Hotel Italia were rented hourly. Spend the night there we did not want and tried to find another hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My friend and I checked into this hotel after moving out of a hotel down the road after one night as it was so awful. I'm pleased to say this hotel was a vast improvement! The gentleman on reception was extremely helpful and we were able to check into our rooms early. I think I drew the short straw though as my friend's room was very much better than mine. Mine was facing the railway track, which was fine and I didn't hear any noise from the trains at all. In fact it was extremely quiet. The room was very spacious but in need of a lick of paint. Dirty marks on the walls, although perfectly clean. The shower wasn't so good in that the shower head needed replacing as the water didnt spray out properly and the attachment wouldnt stay on the wall bracket, so I had to hold it rather than stand under it. The only other gripe I have is the cold. It was freezing. I asked reception if they had a fan heater but they said no and offered an extra blanket. It was early October and apparently too early in the year for the communal heating to be put on, although it was due to be switched on any day. The restaurant attached to the hotel downstairs served very tasty food at very reasonable prices and the staff were extremely pleasant.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends