See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 July 2016

Traveled by train from Rome to Ravenna. Had booked into Hotel Italia as it was easy walk from train station and was also relatively close to the various mosaic locations.

Hotel is nice basic, with clean rooms and was on side facing the street and was quiet enough that street noise did not keep me awake.

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

If average / cheap'n'cheerful is your vibe - this is for you. It's literally 'OK' in every way possible...

check in: ok.
room size: ok.
cleanliness: ok.
linen / bed comfort: ok.
breakfast: ok.

There's a few anomalies:

the coffee is great
the wifi is horrible
the check out is really early....

I wouldn't stay again - I like a bit more comfort/care. But if you're cheap / on a budget then this may be the hotel for you!

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 21 January 2015

We arrived around 19 pm and the first contact the hotel ITALIA. It was rather good location for us.
The women on the reception advised us to drive in two hours and said that may be will be a free room. Called high price like for 3-star hotel. We were unpleasantly surprised, at first, the price, and secondly the lack of the usual practice of check-out hotel rooms at 12 noon. The impression was that the rooms in Hotel Italia were rented hourly. Spend the night there we did not want and tried to find another hotel.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elena N
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My friend and I checked into this hotel after moving out of a hotel down the road after one night as it was so awful. I'm pleased to say this hotel was a vast improvement! The gentleman on reception was extremely helpful and we were able to check into our rooms early. I think I drew the short straw though as my friend's room was very much better than mine. Mine was facing the railway track, which was fine and I didn't hear any noise from the trains at all. In fact it was extremely quiet. The room was very spacious but in need of a lick of paint. Dirty marks on the walls, although perfectly clean. The shower wasn't so good in that the shower head needed replacing as the water didnt spray out properly and the attachment wouldnt stay on the wall bracket, so I had to hold it rather than stand under it. The only other gripe I have is the cold. It was freezing. I asked reception if they had a fan heater but they said no and offered an extra blanket. It was early October and apparently too early in the year for the communal heating to be put on, although it was due to be switched on any day. The restaurant attached to the hotel downstairs served very tasty food at very reasonable prices and the staff were extremely pleasant.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Hotel Italia appears to be a slightly older hotel, but it's been nicely renovated. One of the reasons I chose the hotel was the fact that it's very close to the station, so within easy walking distance even with heavier luggage (fantastic location!).

Check-in took a bit longer than usual as their computer system had just "crashed", but the staff handled that well and I was assigned a room within a few minutes. My room was very large and clean, with a huge bed and lots of room to move. The air conditioning worked well, which I really appreciated at the time! Although my room faced the tracks, I didn't have any problems at all with noise from the trains. I could hear them, but the noise wasn't excessive or objectionable. The Wi-Fi seemed to work fine in my room (although it seemed to be a bit location dependant at times).

Breakfast was served in the restaurant connected to the hotel, which didn't seem to be operating as a restaurant at the time (possibly as new owners had just bought it and hadn't started operating yet - crews were in the process of building an outdoor patio at the side, so I assumed the restaurant would be resuming operations soon?). The breakfast was fairly complete, better than some hotels I've stayed at in Italy but not as elaborate as some others. The food was fresh and the breakfast staff were attentive.

Although the hotel at first appeared to be some distance from the city centre, I found that once I became familiar with the layout, it didn't take long to walk to good restaurants and some of the most popular sights.

One nice "side benefit" of Hotel Italia is that there's a very convenient Laundromat just around the corner, which provided a great opportunity to get some laundry done prior to continuing with the next phase of my trip.

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Italia and if or when I make a return visit to Ravenna, it will be my first choice.

Date of stay: June 2013