“Eclectic Goodness”

Ristorante Ohibo
Ranked #119 of 738 Restaurants in Parma
Cuisines: European, Italian, Contemporary, Fusion
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

Read the reviews, checked out the menu and Ohibò was close by - so we went. Very cool place with a hard working and engaging staff. The seared tuna and black rice ravioli did not disappoint. Tons of unique wines. But the star of the show (we all have our weaknesses) was the fresh baked mini rolls. OMG! If we were local - this place would be part of our routine!

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing place in the heart of Parma, conveniently located in a really cosy and quiet small square. Went there with my family and ate outside in a beautiful summer night and totally loved the experiece. Expect about 40 euros per person for 1 starter, 1 main dish,1 bottle of wine and 1 dessert.
The food has a Japanise twist which makes it really interesting to discover and tasty to try. The quality of the ingredients is high and their pairing esquisite and elaborated. A shoutout to the wine list: prices are fair and there are a lot of local varietes from small and medium size producers which are all worth a try ("Mai Sentito? La Staffa" is really amazing)

PS: I'm Italian and from Parma so that you know I am assessing the quality of the restaurant knowing what typical Parmesan food looks like. This is not typical, this is not boring.

Have a try

Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I had an excellent starter with raw seafood but the rombo fish was a disappointment. A very small portion but still with fish bones. The ice cream was good but I went out still hungry.

3  Thank connievanbeelen
Rita G, Direttore generale at Ristorante Ohibo, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Connie,
I didn't hear any complaint in the last few days about portions or whatever and I'm sure that we would have done something more in order to make a better impression on you if you had said something about your turbot's portion while you were here.
We are not a restaurant in which pantagruelic portions are served and it is known and easy to understand watching customer's photos on TripAdvisor. therefore, quantity, quality and price have to be balanced and in my opinion (and also for most of our customers) we are good at this (our rave reviews talk about that) but I'll take into consideration your disappointment and I'll work to improve upon it.
Thanks for spending time writing about Ohibò.
Your sincerely
Sara

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

I was out with some Australian friends and we wanted to try something different. We went on tripadvisor and we found this new restaurant, in the city centre. The pictures and the reviews were so inviting that we decided to try it.
The restaurant looks outstanding, with special forniture and furnishings, the dishes are really well cooked and very well presented. I love fish so I decided to try their raw blue prawns with seasonal vegetables, baked european flounder which was served with a very interesting Apple and dill sauce. I had the amazing vanilla ice cream (thay call it "our famous vanilla ice cream!) for dessert.
The staff were extremely welcoming and the atmosphere, complete with softish swing music was perfect.
The prices were apropriate for the quality of food, service and location.
I'd really recommended it: it's great place to spend a relaxing evening.

1  Thank Aniceanisetta
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We found this place because of its proximity to la Pilotta. We had to be clear early to entry the concert in time.
It has been a very positive experience, we enjoyed seafood, I loved the fritto misto and carne salada. My family sea food rice. White wine was also enjoyable. It think it was also good value for money. Suggested. Young nice team.