“Wonderful”

Casa natale di Arturo Toscanini
Ranked #18 of 160 things to do in Parma
Reviewed 3 June 2016

My husband and I visited this museum in 2008, and enjoyed it greatly. My father-in--law played violin with Toscanini and had been a friend to the family in New York. The museum showed a video of an interview him, and treated us very kindly. I look forward to visiting again when in Italy.

All reviews
"story"
"information"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

This was a huge surprise. Tucked away across the bridge over no water...next to a beautiful park...a small birth home.

This could be so much more if they allowed them to sell music and make money to expand. You must learn of Benito and Arturo's relationship-- how fascism drove AT out of Italy only to return in triumph in 1946...

Great story of a great man who oh yes, is likely the world most famous conductor.

Please see it

Reviewed 23 August 2015

This is one of the better museums to evoke a musician. In this case it happens to be Arturo Toscanini, considered by many to be the greatest conductor of all time. He knew Verdi and Puccini and all the great composers of his time. He was also a man of principles who stood up to Fascist Italy and later lived in New York where he conducted at the New York Philharmonic, the Metropolitan Opera and created the NBC Symphony. He used music to fight oppression and to strike a blow for freedom for all. It is all here.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Pleasant place to spend an hour or so. I'm not a music history buff by any means, but after many years of playing in wind ensembles, I can understand the significance of this place! Admission fee is extremely reasonable, and a unique collection of photos, articles, and memorabilia await inside. I enjoyed talking with the museum staff as well!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I visited this small museum in a small house by myself. My wife was not interested in seeing this. I was the first person to arrive and enter for 2 euros at 9:30 in the morning. Having the visit to myself while Toscanini conducted music played in the background made it a pleasant experience. The memorabilia is well displayed. They also have a video to watch of Toscanini conducting in black and white. I spent an hour here and feel like I learned a lot about his life. So, glad I went and visited!