“Wonderful!!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2017

First, mille grazie to our Parma guide, Valeria, for telling us about this Trattoria/Osteria and also for making a reservation for us.

We tried its "Tris di Cavallo" (three types of horsemeat: roast, raw, and raw with egg and tabasco sauce). What a surprise! The meat was slightly sweet! Definitely did not taste like chicken, nor like beef! It was delicious and memorable.

We had the ravioli with spinach and parmesan - very good also.

We also had the salad with parma ham so we could try the famous parma ham (good, but I'm tired of salads in Italy).

We had the house white wine which was very good.

We finished up with dessert - a pie of pear baked with cookies, a la mode with a scoop of vanilla gelato on top. Delish!

This was our very last restaurant dinner in Italy after over two weeks of travel. It was a lovely, delicious cap to our wonderful trip! All our meals in Italy were wonderful, but this restaurant was especially memorable, perhaps because of the horsemeat which we had never had before.

Our meal was very reasonable, too, considering that we had pasta, a main, salad, dessert, and a half liter of wine! Cost was <50 EUR for the two of us.

So: memorable, reasonable, delicious - what's not to like?

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for real Parma food... this is the place. It's not fancy, they don't wear white gloves, but those tortelli will make up for it. Prices are average, even too cheap for the quality of the food served.

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 6 Stub App Smartphone
1  Thank Valerio M
Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

I had the chance to come regularly to Parma for work and this place was recommended by several colleagues. I had eaten there every time I was visiting as this was the place to be. By far this was my favourite restaurant in Parma. I tried many things on the menu and many of their wines and never was disappointed. Especially the horse meat and the trippa are to be recommended. You are just happy that this kind of place still exist; simple food at the right price which never disappoint.

2  Thank Fancholland
Reviewed 19 February 2017

My wife and I walked to this out-of-the-way restaurant and got there right when it opened. We were the first ones in, no one was outside the door, and the fellow (in Italian) told us that they were full. He motioned to his watch that he didn't know why the hadn't arrived. So, we figured it was some event so we went up the street. About 45 min later, we walked by, the place wasn't even half full and the people in there, were not in a group. Apparently they didn't want to deal with people who couldn't speak Italian, that's all I can assume.

Reviewed 26 January 2017

The hotel where I was staying recommended the Osteria and it was great! Good location, very good service and food. The ravioli with pumpkin was excellent.. Obviously a place for locals and I will definitely return.

1  Thank 255060Rob