“Great food, bad service”
Review of Franceschetta 58

Franceschetta 58
Ranked #16 of 760 Restaurants in Modena
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We ate dinner at Franceschetta 58 after having lunch at Osteria Francescana (ridiculous, I know) so we had a direct comparison with Massimo's three star establishment for better or for worse...

The food was great! It was just as good flavour-wise as OF, but simpler and less fussy. Great flavours, great combinations, all executed very well. Really fab, relatively simple dishes that are totally affordable. If you can't get a reservation at OF, 58 in our opinion was just as good.

Except for the service... We had to ASK TO BE SERVED on more than one occasion. We were left alone after being seated for 15 minutes.My boyfriend actually had to go up to the bar to ask if we could possibly order some drinks. Then, whenever we did ask for something else (more wine, some olive oil, the menu, dessert) it either took way too long to come or didn't come at all.

And how much does a friendly disposition cost? I have worked in the service industry since I was old enough to serve, and I know it makes your job so much easier if you're nice to the people you're serving and HEY! You might even get a tip!

Oh well. Expect lovely food but have a sense of humour about the staff and you'll have a great time.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our lunch here. We had the 4 course tasting menu, and the smart lunch. It was all delicious. The Emilia burger was perfectly cooked, and the dessert was absolutely incredible. The tortellini was good, but we actually liked the spaghetti better. The ribs were perfectly cooked and the mash they came with was very smooth and a lovely compliment. Would definitely recommend, however it sadly wasn't the awe inspiring experience I had hoped for!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

As a person who travels for food I was super excited to try anything linked to the illustrious Massimo. The burger was ok at best. Worst beef tartar I have ever had. No flavor and the rest of the dishes lacked complexity or even salt at times. Honestly tasted like first class airline food.

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The food and also the service are simple impeccable! We loved everything. We choose the first entire menu and was amazingly perfect.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Do Not, I repeat, Do Not go!!! So disappointing. I was expecting this to be a Massimo Bottura restaurant. Not only did we not get a fabulous meal, we didn't even get a decent meal. Seriously awful in every way. We do have fairly high standards. We travel quite a lot and we definitely travel for food. I couldn't score a reservation at his 3 star so I decided to settle for his other place. We drove from Lucca to Modena just to have lunch. The restaurant was filled with people who had obviously come from far to enjoy his cooking. There is no way he has anything at all to do with this restaurant. The quality of the ingredients was substandard, the food substandard and the execution substandard. An absolute disgrace and insult to foodies. Total disappointment in every way.

1  Thank LitaC