All reviewsrailway stationdouble bedclean hotelone night staythe hotel staffgood sizeenzo ferrari museumreceptionistbreakfastwifi
Reviewed 1 December 2016

There are several budget hotels in the same street; the Principe is definitely one option to consider. It doesn't shine like a diamond and a redecoration would be a wise choice, but it's overall not bad and clean.
Vintage furniture and overall layout make it recommendable for a short staying.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2016

A really nice hotel situated close to the Modena Train station and walk-able distance from most of the monuments of Modena. Decent room, very clean and comfortable. Breakfast(included in my deal) was really nice. Staff was really helpful and courteous and also handed over a discount coupon for a local hotel.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2016

I stayed at this hotel for a week. The hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is also close to the train and bus stations (although the hotel was not easy to find initially - for all hotel stays, I suggest printing out directions from Mapquest or Google Maps before you go). The free breakfast is decent, and the rooms have A/C and heat. I stayed in an average single room with a single bed. The hotel is about a 10-minute walk to the main square and the 11th c. Romanesque (and World Heritage Site) Modena Cathedral and bell tower. My only complaint was the noise - I could hear everything from the room next door and the hall.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2016

The carpet was very dirty and old.
The beds were very old.
The breakfast was too simple, lack of variety.
As we were in hurry to take train in the morning, we paid the night before checked out at 7:10 am May 15, 2016. Before breakfast, we returned the room key, after breakfast, the guy at front desk told us twice that we haven't paid yet.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 May 2016

On a side trip from Venice to Civitavecchia, I needed a single room in Modena as it was the most convenient town to visit the Ferrari Museum in Maranello. The Hotel Principe was conveniently located within walking distance to public transport (train, bus and shuttle) and reasonably priced. The single room included a double bed (which was unexpected, other single rooms I stayed in on the same trip only had single beds) and an adequate bathroom. The rate included continental breakfast - breads, meats and pastries plus tea coffee and juice. I'd stay there again if I was in Modena for the night by myself.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo