“Pity about the dirty duvet”
Review of I Portici Hotel

I Portici Hotel
Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Bologna
Howth, Ireland
“Pity about the dirty duvet”
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This is a beautiful Hotel. Very convenient to the Train Station. Stayed for two nights. Only let down was discovering just before checking out there was a dirty duvet on the bed.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Izmir, Turkey
Reviewed 26 June 2012

1- Very nice and helpful employees.
2- Clean rooms, good cleaning service
3- Good breakfast
4- Very good and central location

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Nice modern/contemporary hotel within a 5 minute walk from the central train station and also an easy walk into the center of the city. Very competitive and reasonable rates as well. Our room was very large with high ceilings and a nice contrast to the usual cramped quarters of many European hotels though we were given an upgrade upon check in so I suspect a standard room would be somewhat smaller.. Beds were comfortable, room was clean and AC worked okay keeping us comfy at night. Perhaps the best thing about our stay here though was the breakfast with the fresh squeezed orange juice, real cappuccinos, home made jams, etc. It was excellent! Highly recommended for a stay in Bologna.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at I Portici Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking some time to leave us your opinion. Having constant feedback from our customers is extremely important to us to keep the quality of our services at the highest standard.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our Executive rooms, which feature original XIX Century frescos on the ceiling and walls, as well as original marble floors from the same age.
Regarding the differences between our standard and executive rooms, I wish to point out that, given the very particular structure of Palazzo Maccaferri, each and every room in the Hotel differs from the other in size and structure, thus making every stay a different experience.

I am also glad to know that our Breakfast service left a good impression on you. We take much pride in the assortment and quality of our products, as well as the beautiful location where everything is served (the original XIX Century Eden Theater!)

Once again let me thank you for your kind words. We are looking forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Best regards,

Nicola Berto
Guest Relation
I Portici Hotel Bologna
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We had a good weekend stay at this hotel. Our first room was a little bare and impersonal but the gladly moved us to a very pleasant room over looking the back if the hotel with views of pleasant town gardens. Breakfast good. Staff were efficient Would recommend room at the back as less noisy.Central and well positioned hotel.

• Stayed February 2012
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 12 June 2012

I booked a single room in this hotel at the last minute and got an exceptionally good deal. I was expecting the single to be like a closet but to my surprise it was a very decent sized room with a lovely big bathroom. After having checked reviews I requested a room overlooking the internal courtyard area so I had no problems with noise from the street. Although I advise you to plug out the really noisy mini bar fridge. It sounds like a combine harvester for some bizarre reason. The breakfast by the way is top notch. Very nice, short stay in a fabulous city.

Room Tip: ask for a room that isn't overlooking the street.