“be careful!!!”

Ranked #228 of 292 Bologna B&B and Inns
san sebastian
“be careful!!!”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

They do not accept reservations arriving later than 8,30PM but it is possible to make the reservation and be charged, even saying you´ll arrive at midnight. I was charged 8 euros for a reservation I had to cancel, so be careful with bb baroni and hostelworld!!

Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank amaraSS
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 December 2011

This is an exceptional B&B, extremely friendly atmosphere with very clean, large rooms. The location is also great, 10 mins from the central plaza in Bologna, and next door to one of the best food markets in Bologna. The owner is also a 'gourmet connoisseur', so cooking lessons and foodie tours are a definite plus. For me it ticked all the boxes!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This place had the feel more of a home than a hotel, but my friend and I loved it! We had a very lovely, large room...with a tv that we could put English subtitles on, and a nice couch to sit and watch it on. We were given a very friendly welcome (there were 3 dogs living there, but they were adorable and very well behaved). The place was immaculately clean, and the shared bathroom had a hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner etc to use.

The location was close to the centre of Balogna, and the owners were very helpful at directing us to good restraunts and places to see in the town. I would recommend this place to stay if you are working to a budget.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 October 2011

B&B Baroni is located well just 10 mins walk from the center of Bologna - Piazza Maggiore. Unfortunately the location is the only thing that this place has going for it. The surly owner lives in the B&B with her very young baby. When we checked in she said to me..."you can go out at night and return when you want but please be quiet." Fine I thought be respectful of the neighbours etc but even before a late night return, my female travelling companion and another guest were chatting in the bathroom - the owner swooped on them asking that they shush!!! (Lets bear in mind we are on our holidays!!!!) . There were signs asking guests to remove their shoes when they returned at night - because of the baby , it is suggested that guests provide slippers for navigating the wooden flooring!!!!! Then the best of it ....the baby woke us each morning before 7am. We did not take breakfast as we prefer to explore and I am glad that we made that choice! Nespresso and a plastic wrapped cake bar for an extra 10euro or a beautiful cappuccino and a pastry for 4euro at a local coffee shop!!!
With the abundance of great value places to stay in Bologna I would only ever send my worst here - sorry but Georgia (owner) and B&B Baroni put a negative on what was a wonderful trip to Emilia Romagna.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PaulBradshaw
Carla53Roma, Proprietario at B&B Baroni, responded to this review, 19 October 2011
Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to have lived his stay in my house so 'negative, however, but' I think because she has always done overnight tourism b & b in my back every night at 04:00 in the morning, putting loud music, talking to loud, slamming doors at night, or perhaps a private home was the most 'suitable to his needs for a hotel with soundproofed rooms, as well as having her stay disturbed my son (from his moss awakened early in the morning), has disturbed the other 2 rooms next to his, which have come to me to complain to her, so I had to intervene more 'designed to take you and your companion to be quiet ....
That said 'I want to clarify that in addition to its negative comment I had to apologize to 4 guests because of him have not slept well in a bed and breakfast is to sleep and rest, if your holiday is made of nightlife Next time I suggest you find another hotel
Sincerely
Baroni Giorgia

Travellers are raving about these Bologna hotels

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed 3 August 2011

This bed and breakfast was so incredibly beautiful, clean, and hospitable. B&B Baroni is located about a 15 minute walk from Bologna Centrale and is near all the major sites. The room we reserved was actually in a separate annex but that was no trouble as the owner personally walked us there and made sure we were completely satisfied with the room. He did not, however, speak very much English. We had our Italian friend from college with us, which was very helpful, but be prepared to do some gesturing and miming. The room was completely worth the price we paid! It was one of the most beautiful and luxurious places we stayed at our entire trip! My wife and I only spent one night there but we absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Reserve on HostelWorld.com
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple