“Very homely place to stay”
Review of B&B Baroni

B&B Baroni
Ranked #236 of 302 Bologna B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 November 2011

This place had the feel more of a home than a hotel, but my friend and I loved it! We had a very lovely, large room...with a tv that we could put English subtitles on, and a nice couch to sit and watch it on. We were given a very friendly welcome (there were 3 dogs living there, but they were adorable and very well behaved). The place was immaculately clean, and the shared bathroom had a hairdryer, shampoo, conditioner etc to use.

The location was close to the centre of Balogna, and the owners were very helpful at directing us to good restraunts and places to see in the town. I would recommend this place to stay if you are working to a budget.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

B&B Baroni is located well just 10 mins walk from the center of Bologna - Piazza Maggiore. Unfortunately the location is the only thing that this place has going for it. The surly owner lives in the B&B with her very young baby. When we checked in she said to me..."you can go out at night and return when you want but please be quiet." Fine I thought be respectful of the neighbours etc but even before a late night return, my female travelling companion and another guest were chatting in the bathroom - the owner swooped on them asking that they shush!!! (Lets bear in mind we are on our holidays!!!!) . There were signs asking guests to remove their shoes when they returned at night - because of the baby , it is suggested that guests provide slippers for navigating the wooden flooring!!!!! Then the best of it ....the baby woke us each morning before 7am. We did not take breakfast as we prefer to explore and I am glad that we made that choice! Nespresso and a plastic wrapped cake bar for an extra 10euro or a beautiful cappuccino and a pastry for 4euro at a local coffee shop!!!
With the abundance of great value places to stay in Bologna I would only ever send my worst here - sorry but Georgia (owner) and B&B Baroni put a negative on what was a wonderful trip to Emilia Romagna.

Room Tip: There are none
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PaulBradshaw
Carla53Roma, Proprietario at B&B Baroni, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2011

Dear Guest,
I'm sorry to have lived his stay in my house so 'negative, however, but' I think because she has always done overnight tourism b & b in my back every night at 04:00 in the morning, putting loud music, talking to loud, slamming doors at night, or perhaps a private home was the most 'suitable to his needs for a hotel with soundproofed rooms, as well as having her stay disturbed my son (from his moss awakened early in the morning), has disturbed the other 2 rooms next to his, which have come to me to complain to her, so I had to intervene more 'designed to take you and your companion to be quiet ....
That said 'I want to clarify that in addition to its negative comment I had to apologize to 4 guests because of him have not slept well in a bed and breakfast is to sleep and rest, if your holiday is made of nightlife Next time I suggest you find another hotel
Sincerely
Baroni Giorgia

Reviewed 3 August 2011

This bed and breakfast was so incredibly beautiful, clean, and hospitable. B&B Baroni is located about a 15 minute walk from Bologna Centrale and is near all the major sites. The room we reserved was actually in a separate annex but that was no trouble as the owner personally walked us there and made sure we were completely satisfied with the room. He did not, however, speak very much English. We had our Italian friend from college with us, which was very helpful, but be prepared to do some gesturing and miming. The room was completely worth the price we paid! It was one of the most beautiful and luxurious places we stayed at our entire trip! My wife and I only spent one night there but we absolutely loved it.

Room Tip: Reserve on HostelWorld.com
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Almost perfect. Location could not be better, bus right outside if don't feel like walking and it was so clean! Yes polished. No food but in Bologna this is not a problem ... Thanks ladies you are also great food critics. xo

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 September 2010

We travel all over the world and we will never forget the good old B&B Baroni experience. As soon as we got there we wanted cancel our reservation. Cigarette smoke permeated from every room, there was crap everywhere from floor to ceiling, breakfast was plastic wrapped bread, candy bar, plastic cup of yogurt, and a vending machine coffee. We were asked for cash immediately upon arrival and then threatened and yelled at on the phone. if we did not stay for both nights that we reserved. We honestly were shocked and it was suuuuuuuper awkward to say the least. We left first thing in the morning and returned late in order to spend the least amount of time possible in that crazy dump. Honestly, there are too many bad things to point out....so I'll just say this....AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE, seriously.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple