“A must-stay for any Bologna visitor!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Anna B&B

Anna B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bologna
Anna B&B
Ranked #213 of 281 Bologna B&B and Inns
Princes Risborough, United Kingdom
“A must-stay for any Bologna visitor!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2007

Although Italy isn't similar to B&B country, this lodgement was simply unique. There are two rooms in the house, one single and one double, I stayed in the single and this was next to the kitchen. It felt like I was staying over with friends because the hosts, Anna and
Eugenio they are very welcoming. I could talk with them for hours, very nice to talk to them. They have the perfect sense how to treat travellers/guests. When I arrived Eugenio showed me the room, a big single bed, tourist guide, radio, fresh towels, crips, some refreshments etc. There was no airco but there was a good working fan which helped.

Breakfast actually wasn't much, but I am used to this in Italy, Italians don't go crazy for breakfast. But they made the difference, because a few weeks before my stay they've kindly sent me an email to check if I had any special requests. I had replied with my love for soy milk and they had soy milk in house for my breakfast, it's the small things that make the difference.

Furthermore, the hosts even cook for you at your desired time (for a small fee) and the food is great in a city where food is a way of life (Bologna and it's Bolognese sauce, mortadella and tortellini). Well done Anna!

The location is also very good. In the old centre, short walk from the heart of the city, Piazza Maggiore. You are also meters away from the famous La Sorbetteria Castiglione (famous for its ice cream)
Staying at this B&B with Anna and Eugenio made my stay in beautiful Bologna even more memorable.

• Liked — the welcoming feeling from the guests
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
6 Thank REBRY
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Families
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2007

What an amazing place! This B&B is actually a small apartment within the walls of the old city. It is less than a 10 minute walk to the main square and in a beautful old building with lots of character and great facilities. The hosts, Eugenio and Anna, are in the adjoining flat and are so friendly and helpful, just like all the people we met in Bologna. Anna makes amazing jams and Eugenio really helped us to see the best of the city in just a few days. Definitely follow their recommendations for places to eat - we had the best meal of our life in one of their recommended osterias and for only 25 euro. This place is amazing value and has a really friendly atmosphere. We will be going back as soon as possible!

Stayed February 2007
7 Thank armadillet
Longueuil, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2007

Unforgettable! Eugenio and Annalicia gave me such a warm welcome! I was travelling by myself and they received me as a family member on visit... They suggested many places and restaurants nearby but finally invited me to share their dinner. I had a very nice time talking and tasting the (delicious) meal!
The room was nice and tidy and the house very quiet. I highly recommend this lovely B&B!

• Liked — The hospitality of the owners
  • Disliked — The stairs?
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Thelma75
Bologna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2006

AMAZING!!! This is the very best place we have ever stayed. Eugenio and Anna made our stay in Bologna absolutely wonderful--they are so helpful and friendly, and they go out of their way to make you feel at home. Wonderful people, and an excellent place to lay your weary head after indulging in the gastronomic wonders of the city!

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a meal!!!
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank easy5