Albergo delle Drapperie
My One Hotel Bologna(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 74
Savhotel(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 99
US$ 163
US$ 111
US$ 125
US$ 110
  • Breakfast included
Ramada Encore Bologna(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 61
Relais Bellaria Hotel & Congressi(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 104
US$ 218
US$ 193
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Bologna Airport(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 81
US$ 77
Grand Hotel Elite(Bologna)
US$ 71
US$ 67
  • Restaurant
Hotel Il Guercino(Bologna)(Great Value!)
US$ 124
  • Room Service
All reviewsfruit and vegmarket stallsgreat locationbalcony overlooking the marketpiazza maggioreearly morning noisefirst floorfood sceneamazing architecturemain attractions arethe upper floorsperfect base for exploringthe heart of the cityheavy bagsopening the windowbars and restaurantsstayed here for four nights
Reviewed 2 November 2011

In a pedestrian area and you have to take your luggage up a flight of stairs (so know this going in) but it is not a problem. The hotel is clean and the bathroom is a nice size almost as big as the room. We had a nice little window that opened out to the street but it was too noisy to have open (we had the window closed so we could not hear the noise in the room). Bologna is beautiful but very crowded and noisy. It might have been because we were there over the weekend, during the week might be better. It is worth the visit, though. The hotel is close to the sites and shopping.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nina1940
Reviewed 20 October 2011

Stayed one night and found it an acceptable place. The location is excellent with lots of sites, shops and good restaurants all within short walking distance. Had a double room on the first floor which was slightly small, but clean, quiet and comfortable. Based on other reviews, we did not order breakfast, and stopped for our coffee and pastry at the cafe on the corner that cost us much less than 5 Euros per person.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I think I had high expectations of this hotel because of the good reviews and maybe a little because of their website. Although now that I'm reading other recent reviews, they're not that great either. Mind you, I booked back around March. The price was decent at 85 EUR a night. Breakfast is another 5 EUR per person on top of that if you choose to have it at the hotel. There is a fruit stand and a bakery literally across the street from the hotel. We bought two pastries and two pieces of fruit for 3,50 EUR total rather than 10 EUR for what I was told is a pastry and juice (by the guy at the desk). I was only in Bologna for a little over 12 hours, and from what I saw the location is quite good, in the old centre of town and also not far from bus stops and the train station.

The reception desk and first set of rooms are on the first floor of a building with no elevator, up 25 steps and nobody to help with luggage. The décor is quite dated. I stayed in room 103 with a “king bed”, which was two beds pushed together. Two terrible beds. They were quite obviously very old. Thin, worn out, and we could feel the springs pushing through all night. Very uncomfortable. The air conditioner in the room is incredibly weak. We had it on the highest fan speed at the lowest temperature and couldn’t feel a thing. The hot water from the tap never came on, and it took several minutes to get hot water in the shower. The shower leaked everywhere all over the “marble” floor, so when I stepped into the bathroom while my husband was showering I almost slipped. The free wifi just happened not to be working. Thankfully the guy at the front desk helped me to check in for my flight the next morning on his computer.

I wouldn’t let the location of this place entice me. I’d rather stay somewhere comfortable and pay the extra money, on top of being in the old town.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MissWanderlustCA
Reviewed 20 July 2011

The main advantage of this hotel is the location, smack in the middle of the Quadrilatero precinct: you are right in the heart of the city. I was thrilled with it after having stayed at an awful hotel in Bologna on a previous occasion. My room was big, on the top level: you could not see the street below but you could hear it and smell it (the aromas from the Eataly restaurant next door). There were some negatives: the lobby is on the first level up stairs so if you have heavy bags or are frail/disabled that would be a problem (there is a lift from level one to the upper levels). The bathroom had no drainage but the water spilt from the shower (inevitably because of those hand-held shower hoses) somehow disappeared down the crack between the bath and floor during the day. They don't have an efficient breakfast-providing facility: the galley is small and they preorder stuff from outside: I recommend you eat out for breakfast: there is a great caffe` just up the street (Caffe delle Drapperie).

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband stayed here for 1 night during our honeymoon. When we arrived at the hotel we had to carry our luggage up 3 flights of stairs to the reception (no elevator to the reception). The man sitting at the desk looked annoyed that we had bugged him by showing up. He directed us to our room which although there was air conditioning, never went below 85 degrees throughout the entire night. It was so hot and muggy in our room the entire night, sleep was impossible. The next day, we discovered an extra bonus in our bathroom. Not only was there no shower curtain for the tub, but there was no shower. It was a bathtub with a long handle for the faucet. We literally had to sit in the tub and "shower" sitting down. Had we not been exhausted from lack of sleep, we would have found humor in this. We then went to breakfast (which we were talked into adding during check-in for an extra 5 Euro the night before). Breakfast was also an absolute joke. We were given a couple of thawed out rolls and some water. We went back to our room to pack. While packing, we accidentally moved the top sheet of the bed (which was used to make 2 twin beds appear like a king sized bed - very common in Europe) and discovered that the fitted sheet of one of the twin beds had large brown stains (not visible on the top sheet). Wonderful way to end the trip. Although the hotel is by a number of bars and restaurants, I would recommend paying the extra 15 Euro to spend the night in a hotel with a working shower, air conditioning and washed sheets.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple