After a wonderful trip to Venice, Florence and the Tuscany area, we stayed our last few nights in bologna, an area we love for the food and many other things. But this hotel could almost ruin your trip, it felt like we were almost sleeping in a flea bag, one step from being on the street -- bed was totally uncomfortable, soft and lumpy, pillows were old and filthy. The staff was horrible, the night staff could not even speak English or help us with any requests; if you are running a hotel, you need to be able to communicate with your guests -- that is your main job. It smelt liked they washed the floors with dirty water, and I saw the pail one day and almost gagged. A good place to avoid. I don't understand the other reviews on tripAdvisor, how could they be talking about the same place; sounds like they are talking about another hotel. The only thing this hotel has going for it is the location which is fabulous. It is really sad that they couldn't live up to the potential of this area and provide a comfortable, friendly and clean accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, Albergo delle Drapperie offers 21 rooms, rising in the Bologna historical centre, overlooks the alleyways which connect Piazza Maggiore to the Asinelli's Towers. Albergo delle Drapperie offers you a Liberty and Comfortable design, free wifi connection and a "animal friendly" policy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Albergo delle Drapperie reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Delle Drapperie Bologna
- Albergo Delle Drapperie Hotel Bologna