“Just So-so”

Ranked #5 of 104 Hotels in Bologna
Kensington, Maryland
“Just So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

The best thing about Hotel Touring is the view from their rooftop. You get a good look at the city, and they even have a small hot tub. The breakfast was typical and good. The down side was that it was a ways away from the central part of down down a small alley, and it was a tiny room. I mean really tiny. The staff was friendly and helpful. Basically the place is fine for a one night stop over like we had, but I would not recommend it for longer than that. There just isn't anything to make it stand out. Okay...not great.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ebyjo
HotelTouring, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Touring, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Thanks for your review, we regret that your stay was "just so-so", we hope you come back soon to offer you a very special room. you will not regret it!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Glendale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Often times I look to websites to gather a certain perspective on the varying types of hotels I can stay at during my trips, and oftentimes I am left even more confused, with so many varying opinions and options...Just stop searching for more hotels in Bologna and book your stay at Hotel Touring.

Best staff-- so thoughtful, so insightful (they will tell you anything and everything you need to know), and they are all very charming and beautiful ;) ciao bella

Best rooms-- so comfortable, so clean, modern, spacious beyond measure

Best patio- the patio has the most beautiful view of Bologna, sit and lounge, order dinner and relax and take in the view!

Best service-- breakfast is THE BEST, their food is wonderful, they even sell you bottled wine, water etc ANYTHING you want, they got

Best people-- like I said: courteous, helpful, attractive, awesome!!!

~romina

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rome K
Thank you very much from all touring Staff! Ciao bella!!!
Redondo Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I loved my time spent at Hotel Touring, not only because of the beautiful rooms and convenient location, but especially because the hotel staff is so accomodating and friendly. The roof top patio is one of the best features of Touring; you get a panorama view of Bologna while being able to relax and enjoy food and wine. You are able to walk almost anywhere from Touring, including Piazza Maggiore as well as through the cute outdoor market area. The breakfast that the hotel provides is top notch- always fresh crossoints, yogurt, cheeses, meats, eggs, juices, and breakfast cakes. During my three week stay there, I was never dissapointed and could always count on a friendly smile and wonderful tips from the staff. Having seen many different rooms while staying, I can honestly say that each are clean and comfortable. I highly recommend Touring to anyone visiting Bologna.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
HotelTouring, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Hotel Touring, responded to this review, 20 June 2012
Dear Touring Addicted,
we all had a great time in Bologna!
I hope to see you soon.....not in Bologna but in Redondo :)
Ciao

M.
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

Very small rooms, some staff on reception not notably welcoming or helpful, restaurant badly run and supervised with very poor service. Only plus point is the hotel's proximity to the centre of Bologna. Overall best avoided.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank GuidoF
HotelTouring, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Touring, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for your review.
I'm really sorry about what appended. The services and our welcoming is so important to us.
About the pool. We don't really have a pool, but a wonderful Maxi Jacuzzi on the 5° floor, that don't need any services. It's a facility to pay if you are in the Standard room, instead you don't have to pay anything if you are in the Gold room.
The Terrazza Mattuiani is a Bistrot on the 5° floor just openend, where we serve nice aperitivi and fresh food.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

I recently stayed at Hotel Touring for 3 weeks and I was literally sad to leave when I had to check out. This is a lot coming from me because when it comes to hotels, I can be very particular and hard to please but Hotel Touring completely impressed me. The location is extremely convenient, close to Piazza Maggiore and the market, with wonderful cafes and restaurants only minutes away and in a nice, safe area. My single room was beyond comfortable, very clean, and the bathroom was equipped with all new appliances. The breakfast is OUTSTANDING- I would set my alarm to make sure I didn't miss the breakfast, it was that good. Freshly baked croissants, cappuccinos, pastries, eggs, cheeses- I could go on and on. And yes, the rooftop deck is as amazing as it looks in the pictures- take advantage of this while you are there. But the thing that made such a lasting impression on me was the staff. Staying there for 3 weeks I came into contact with pretty much every staff member that worked there and every single one of them was the epitome of a gracious host. They all are incredibly warm and welcoming and so eager to help or assist when you need it. They truly understand the art of customer service and when you're staying somewhere for 3 weeks, this is important. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Bologna and I hope to come back myself someday. Thank you Hotel Touring for your incredible hospitality and for making my stay in Bologna so memorable!!!

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Hi Touring Addicted...
I'm Matteo...the only think I can say is: THANK YOU!
You are not just a guest, and I really appreciate your review!

Dont' run, but have fun!!!! go Ale go.
M